Good Samaritans Assist Driver Involved In Accident On I-95 In Georgia

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, May 24, 2024.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    People are so crazy its hard to help in fear of being sued . Saw where someone got pulled out of a fire engulfed car then sued the two dudes that saved his life . Its a bunch of BS .

4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    There is a Good Samaritan law, that covers you from being sued for performing CPR and or First Aid. I have no idea if someone could complete a lawsuit for persons saving your life by removing from burning car

5. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    If ya google it you'll find where saviours have been sued . Idk the outcomes but evidently an ambulance chaser took the case . Btw ive heard of emt/paramedics getting sued in their official capacity for patching up someone .

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  6. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    ^^

7. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    But did the lawsuit make it in front of a judge ? In every handbook you get while attending CPR class or First aid class states person with CPR certification are protected from lawsuit. Someone can file a lawsuit over anything, but not everything make it to court

broke down plumber Thanks this.
  8. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    i dont know the answer , i dont exactly know the suit filed , maybe sueing on grounds extenuating from said interaction . But the fact people will and do sue when they should be buying them dinner is whats real .

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  9. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Its less "did it make it infront of a judge" and more "how much did the lawyer the sued party had to hire cost and could they even afford one to begin with?" it would not be the first time a moronic lawsuit gets through just because the sued party cant afford to defend themselves. And yes in many cases the lawsuits DO go through at least far enough to see a judge. And even if they win theor defense how much will a judgement like that entirely #### over their lives trying to pay it back?

For instance i just did a fast google.

Woman Sued for Rescue Effort in Car Crash

Second result for me and if i dig deeper down the lists i can find multiple instances of it happening in multiple states, many with laws "protecting" good samaritans. Can likely find a ton more in court records if i really comb through them too.

While i like to think most would apprecate the help. In todays world im sure many more would stab the dude dragging them from a burning car in the eye over a penny if given a chance.

broke down plumber Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.