Good schools in or near Green Bay area

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Jeremy5085, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Well, if ya gunna hate, make it an original 6 team. Me, it’s Philly, then Boston.

slim shady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Detroit used to be #1 but since moving to the east
    Its now St. Louis.
    Montreal will always be high on my list
    They stole many Stanley Cups away from Chicago

Back on topic @Chinatown hes always got suggestions

Chinatown and Puppage Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh,,I forgot to tell you, with our,,,shall I say, diverse group here, threads can derail faster than a locomotive.( speaking of which, great train museum in Green Bay, See how easy it derails?) Can't beat the experience here, just gets a little tossed around sometimes, is all. A site like this years ago, would have saved me a lot of hassle, when it was trial by fire method of finding jobs.

Oldironfan and slim shady Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Another guy in your area also said he doesn't want to be OTR, so he went with Schneider Intermodal Division right out of cdl school. Schneider will pay for cdl school or if you pay yourself, Schneider will reimburse the tuition back to you, up to $7000.00
    Schneider Intermodal is probably picking up loaded sea containers from a rail yard or sea port at Lake Superior or Lake Michigan. I'm speculating, but you will probably take the sea container to the customer or back to the terminal and another driver hooks up to it and delivers it to the customer. That's a decent job if you don't want to run the roads all over the country.
    Schneider Intermodal Trailers photos:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm back in the states for now and living in Las Vegas.

Oldironfan and 201 Thank this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    When I hauled containers out of Ft. Howard Paper, Green Bay, everything went to Chicago for "domestic stack" on the rail, either east or west.

Oldironfan, slim shady and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Go to fox valley tech, take the 10 week course. It's less than $3,000. It's the best instruction you can get.

Then chose the company that's best for you. Schneider, Riehl, Midwest Carriers, and WEL will all refund your tuition and give a sign on bonus.

Oldironfan and 201 Thank this.
  9. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Here are the tech schools in WI that have the CDL course.
    Fox Valley (would be closest to you and highly regarded).
    Chippewa Valley
    Waukesha County
    Milwaukee Area Tech
    BlackHawk Tech
    Northcentral Tech
    IndianHead Tech
    Those are the tech schools and all are $3000 or under for a course that is 10 to 12 weeks.
    There are some private schools as well that are 3 or 4 weeks and will cost you from $4000 to $6000+.
    Please stay away from Associated Training Diesel Driving Academy in Madison that's a known CDL Mill. I think it's up to 5K now and is 3 weeks.

fwodowski Thanks this.
  10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    If you're in Wisc I dont know why anyone would choose anyone other than Millis. The school us affordable, get good training , and the pay fresh from school can't really be beaten by anyone else. Plus the equipment is all new with every amenity needed.

11. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    There are three companies that have their own school in WI that I know of. You can decide if that's the route you want to go.You need to find out what they charge if the job doesn't work out with them, that's important.

Millis
    Roehl From what I've seen this can be expensive if you don't make the 120,000 miles to forgive the loan.
    Veriha out of the Green Bay area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.