Gordon Sevig Trucking co?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by GungHoGal, Oct 27, 2007.

1. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    I've been doing a bit of digging around, I think Gordon Sevig must've taken the company back from the son in law....interesting, back when he ran the company it was the best company I'd ever worked for...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I was there for a total of about 5 weeks. What I was promised and told, did not happen. I was there when the son-in-law was running it. Blew a clutch in Springfield, MO. Sat in a hotel for 1 week waiting to have a clutch pulled from a truck in IA and shipped to MO.

4. Outlaw 13

Outlaw 13 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    any highway , USA
    All I can say is you have to like the EAST COAST & BROKER freight . That is all you are ever going to do there . And BEWARE of MARYKAY she will trash your DAC in a heart beat !! Good luck .

5. slowpoke89

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Well, when Gordon was working there, I ran between the Midwest and east coast all the time, but I live along one of their freight routes. Once the son in law took over, things went to shambles. I from what I've seen, he's now the "telecommunications" exec, Gordon is the president again, and that mike hershberger is gone. I haven't taken them up on the offer the made yet, there's a couple other small reefer companies I'm looking at. I started with prime a month a ago, but it's turned into a colossal mistake.

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  6. mile marker

mile marker Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Wow small world, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine wishing each other Merry Christmas, and we started talking shop.
    He left there over a year ago (GSTC) and went with Raven transport.

But he kept in touch with a guy he work there with, this guy also left but just went back to GSTC and was telling him about the changes taking place with GSTC. In his words there trying to get the company back on track. I guess will see.

So that's where u went... I ask on the Van Wyk thread cause my other friend runs for Magnum out of Fargo and was looking into some small reefer companies... Dutchmaid, Mast trucking and Grand Island express.

Have u looked into Holland out of Fargo?? Heard lots of good things about them if willing to stay out for three weeks. Not sure if they hire from up that way or not. Have a Merry Christmas and be safe.

7. slowpoke89

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    when I left gstc, I went to van wyk, it was ok at first, but for my tastes VW just had a very disorganized, sloppy way of doing things. last spring the higher ups at VW purged all of their good dsipatchers in the Sheldon HQ and replaced them with incompetents , and my load revenue started shrinking more and more, and I got fed up with the idiots at the Waynesboro VA terminal. I went over to Prime Inc. recently, they seemed like they were different from the other big companies, but in the last couple of weeks, they drove me flat out nuts with the micromanagement. I got a call from Gstc offering me a job, but I told them I would stay with reefer hauling for the time being, and they told me keep in touch if it didn't work out at prime. I will admit I made a huge mistake when I left Gstc. I was angry at Tom for the changes he made there, and swore I wouldn't go back unless Gordon took the company back and cleaned house. from the looks of the CSA scores, and looking up the contacts there, it looks like Gordon really did take the place back. I'm still going to look into Grand Island express, and keep the Gstc card hidden up my sleeve in case I need it, lol.

8. mile marker

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    My buddy loved working there (GSTC) the almost 4 years he was there... His biggest gripe was the trucks and the maintenance dept... And he started to see things change.

Ok cool let me know what u found out about Grand Island Express.
    n

9. slowpoke89

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Trucker ForumGood & Bad Trucking CompaniesMotor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop Grand Island Express / good or bad

that's the thread for Grand island Express, they seem to be similar to what Gstc was back in the day... From what I've read they assign all the new drivers a mentor and just about bend over backwards for drivers as long as they can deliver on time and legally. I'll give them a call sometime this week.

mile marker Thanks this.
  10. slowpoke89

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    While I'm at it, did your friend mention what kind of changes they were making at Gstc?

11. mile marker

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa

No, Sorry we didn't get into that. He just told me he talk to a guy he use to work there with, and that this guy went back to GSTC.
    And that the old man was back in charge and wasn't happy with the way things were going with the company!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.