Gordon trucking ~ gti

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by beep beep, Feb 19, 2011.

1. beep beep

beep beep Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Got a friend that still drives for Gordon trucking~ GTI
    well they put him in one of there new Freightliner Cascadia trucks
    and now he wishes he had never done that!!
    i said hell man a new truck ya can't get anything better then that!
    then he started off the list of spy ware that truck has in it!!!
    1 - they can monitor all cell phone use using a blue tooth device
    2 - he met his wife in route and they stooped and she took a tour of inside the new truck and they knew he had had a woman in the truck that he did not inform them of and did not pay there $35.00 fee for having family members registered to be in that truck??? how in the hell world they find that out??? A CAMERA INSIDE!!!!!
    3 - iteris system= lane departure system also tells them that you are following to close like lets in a big city rush hour bumper to bumper
    traffic you get written up for this one and they say you have no defense about this because they got you on video from a third party they hire mostly retired police officers but they can not produce the video!! my friend said he asked 4 times to see this video but they said they were trying to get it
    4 - the new Qualcomm unit in these truck tells them everything you do when driving right down to the gear change (shifting)

he also said a few other things but he had no hard rock evidence about it yet!!! so i wont pass that on yet!
    he said they are hiring new drivers left and right at a very cheap wage
    most are below .30 cpm but they are losing more drivers then they can hire! he said he has never seen a trucking company go down as fast as gordon is going down right now these new driver most are out of those CDL MILLS cant drive in snow and they cant make the pickup and deliver times gordon has two customers that are not happy with gordon at all and they just lost an account!! i knew that one was going to happen because they told me that the last time i was there in a gordon truck
    i met one of there new driver from some company gordon just took over and he was on his third restart in one week he said going from 2800 to 3100 miles a week to this he said he was looking for something better and when he finds that new door it would be like flames from the gordon door as he leaves
    that blue tooth conversation thing it is the one that is bugging me that is against the law is it not??? to monitor you phone calls???:biggrin_25516:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

He must have his bluetooth on auto connect for it to mate up with any bluetooth device and so what? If he would open his tools and go to bluetooth and disconnect anything he doesn't want all it could possibly do is say it detects a bluetooth device but there is no way it can tell if he's talking on his cell! As soon as you turn it on and have it on discover it'll be sending that out until it's turned off. Now if the company has a no cell use while driving that's one thing but do they tell you, you can't have it turned on while driving? Also laptop computers now come with a bluetooth option and what if you had the thing on back in th sleeper and ithat device GTI might have hidden in the truck detected it and reported that it detected a device and they said something to him and he didn't have a cell? What would they say then, especially if they have a camera in the truck and can't find him on video using a cell? That'll do several things! It'll waste money as they PAY someone to sit and look at videos of him driving while trying to find him talking! That would be a kicker! Funny as hello too! Them trying to find a device thats sending out a bluetooth singal! What would be even funnier is if he left his bluetooth headset on and that device saw it and sent in that report! There they go again! They've wasted money on that device and now they're wasting more good money trying to see him using those devices their decvice is detecting! This is almost as funny as a radar detector, detector, detectror, detector! The next thing seen on the truck stops shelves in the electronics department will be Buletooth and camera defeator Systems! HEY WAIT A MIUTE! That sounds like a good stock to start watching for!

Did he go driving with his wife or did she just get in the truck while parked?

If he didn't go driving I'd tell them to KMA as she came to see her husband! UNLESS they have a no visitor policy as in no one allowed in the truck at all! That means if you're sitting somewhere and another driver comes over to BS with you then he can't get in the truck either! That's taking it a little too far! Be even funnier if they are using the seat belt and air bag system looking for added weight in the passenger seat and she sat in the seat! That might be how they "think" he has a woman or passenge in the truck!

Yeah that other crapola they use and don't know how to read is stupid! That Ivis is completely insane as it is as these idiot safety guys that see information that you hit your brakes to hard called " hard braking" that comes from the ECM they think it's from following to closely! Yeah right. Deer runs in front I'm hitting the brakes but not leaving the lane! Or a child which can happen or that moron that pulls out in front of you!

Now that Ivis system (I know that's not how it's spelled) does take those above cases and adds information that can save your arse and the companies in case that moron does pull out in front of you and you hit your brakes but still run over the top of his car!

And it not really the Qualcomm but the ECM connected to the QC that's telling them this stuff and it's been doing it almost as long as the system has been online! That's nothing new.

As for a camera in the truck, that's being looked at by several law firms and could be a violation if aimed at the sleeper but not the drivers seat. That's what they have come up with so far.

If he's worried he should get a magnifying glass and start at the roof and look at every square inch of the truck and look for a lens and when found if he does, then tape it off! THEN call a lawyer after taking a ton of pictures! The bluetooth isn't that hard to find! Just open tools on the cell go to Bluetooth and set it to discover and if there is one close by it'll pick it up if it's on! But it will not connect to your cell until you allow it to! I went on a search as this piqued my curiosity and all things technical in computing I like to know about! So far there is nothing i could find in a quick search of spy gadgets that can connect to a cell without authorization but they do detect the signal and will send out a request for connection just to see if it's set for auto connect.
    I will advise anyone with a smart phone not to have it on discover as people are starting to put too much personal information on them now and if it can happen and anyone can hook up this way there goes your identity but so far you still have to in most cases press an ok for the cell to hook to a bluetooth device.

Also he can go to a spy shop and either rent or buy a Bug Detector that will pick up anything that is producing any signals in the truck. That is if he thinks it's worth it. But a camera in my truck would pee me off a tad too much but I don't think any company is so stupid to thread on the privacy issue. It would be just like these morons at tanning salons or at a few colleges and taking pictures of tanners or players in the showers! It could cost then a ton of money if it's discovered! Heck I'd want to get in on that class action!

But as to the QC sending information, get over it. It's their truck and they'll get that information anyway. They can get it by QC on a daily basics or if you hit a certain parameter they have set or download it all when you come to the yard by hooking to that round plug that's either by the door on the B pillar or under the key on the dash or somewhere that they can stand on the outside of the truck and reach in and plug the computer in and download every time you turned the key, used your turn signals, shifted the transmission,gassed the engine, hit the brakes,turned on the A/C or heater even the temperature you set or a dome light to using the wipers and washer! Anything that you do while operating that truck that is controlled by a switch or pedal in that truck goes into the ECM is stored until it's downloaded just like the black boxes on an aircraft! The company can set limits on what it wants stored when they set the truck up or at anytime but as I said it's their truck and that information is their right as the owner of it but a camera, that's pushing it too far.

Oh another thought about his wife in the truck...what if another GTI driver or someone with a bone to pick with GTI saw his wife get in the truck and called in on him, especially if they pulled the curtains for a little horizontal fun? They might have thought she was commercial and was calling to tell on him in either case! It's been known to happen with some of those holier than tho types!

Geeze I really must be bored tonight!

Boonie and formertaxidriver Thank this.
  4. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Sounds like your buddy has more problems than a Cascadia

jamesd503 Thanks this.
  5. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Sounds like some sour grapes to me. Yes, the cascadias have the lane monitor, it's not a camera, makes noise like a rumble strip. Can be turned off when in city traffic. All qualcoms monitor engine perameters including speed, gear, rpm, and idle time. What's new about that.

I drive for GTI, get good steady miles. Those that don't usually have other issues. Like I said, sour grapes, one disgruntled driver like the 1000's on this forum. What's new.

6. Smokeeater

Smokeeater Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yatista how does the cpm compare in the TC fleet when compared to the van side? And are you offered a choice of fleets be it heavy haul, tc or van?

7. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York

The TC fleet gets .02 cpm while under a tc load, they also haul some dry freight when needed without the extra .02 cpm. GTI has many choices, but, assignments depend upon need, home terminal, etc. Once driving for GTI you can switch fleets when openings occur.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  8. Wildcat74

Wildcat74 Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    So does your friend wear foil hats much? Just a little common sense and just a little less meth would let you know that 70% of this is BS.

9. gti tech

gti tech Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2011
    tacoma, wa
    IM A TECH AT GTI I INSTAL THE ITERIS AND QUALCOMMS AND IN SERVICE THE NEW CASSCADIAS AND THERE IS NO SPY TECH TYPE THING IN ANY OF THE GTI EQUIPMENT. YES WITH QUALCOMM THE TRUCK CAN BE MONITERD FOR ENGINE PROFORMANCE AND DRIVE CONDITONS / BEHAVIOR AND IF YOU ARE IN BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC THE ITERIS IS NOT ON YOU MUST BE TRAVELING 35MPH ARE MORE:biggrin_25510:

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  10. tbrown_sd

tbrown_sd Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Thank you Yatista. Some of the earlier posts on this thread gave me pause for a minute...I could not picture GTI pulling moves like that! It's nice to hear a voice that's actually with the company clarifying. My husband started out with GTI in 2006 as a new driver. Overwhelmed at the time he quit the company after 3 months, giving 2 weeks notice. He then went to work for an awful company - Arrow trucking - and drove for them for a year and 8 months. When he came home he stayed out of a truck for over 2 years, not wanting to drive local. He put in for consideration for rehire with GTI a couple of weeks ago. Approved for rehire after submitting his application he is heading to Fontana for his DOT physical and drug test - orientation the following week. I say all this to say that there are plenty of companies out there - lots of them bad and some good. His total experience OTR demonstrated that GTI is a #### good company.

One thing we would like to know is where they start their pay at...what is the cpm for drivers with a little over 2 years experience (back in '06 he was paid more than we've heard in these threads)? Also, I read somewhere that there was an advantage to going OTR rather than 17 Western...can you weigh in on that? We live in San Diego.

Thanks in advance.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  11. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York

The pay scale that GTI has now may be different than what I have, not sure. I have been with GTI a little over 2 years, currently at $0.35 per mile. A year ago they were starting drivers lower than they are today. His recruiter can answer your question better than I. I will say that GTI has given me all of my cpm increases right on time.

With GTI your husband will have several fleets to choose from. The ones actually offered are based on need at the time he starts. Expected home time will also be a consideration, every week (low miles) two weeks, three weeks etc. Gti policy is 1 day home for every 6 out. 19 days out 3 days home 25 days out 4 days home. If he's home more than three days he needs to clean out his truck, it will be subject to slip seat to another driver. I have run 31 days for 5 days off for 2 years, only once was my truck used. Gti is good about getting you home on time, but runs get shorter as they keep you closer to home. The fewer times home per month, the more miles per month. You have to set your own priorities to suit your particular needs. Good luck to you and your husband.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.