Gordon trucking ~ gti

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by beep beep, Feb 19, 2011.

1. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Insurance is 96.00 per week ouch, there recruiter told me it,s 28.00 per week for single coverage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SRGLRGINCHRG

SRGLRGINCHRG Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2011
    GTI has two choices for insurance 80/20 plan is $29 a week for driver the 70/30 plan is $20 a week for the driver. that is 2011s benefits info. not sure if there will be a change in 2012

4. maryjane

maryjane Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Michigan
    I am thinking about driving for GTI what can you tell me.

5. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I drove for GTI for 2 1/2 years, left when I moved to New York (not in their hiring area), and currently drive for a FedEx Ground contractor. I was a CDL graduate when I started and believe the overall experience was good. Attitude and flexibility are important aspects of that opinion. GTI wants productive drivers, drivers that will put in the effort and time to average 10,000 miles a month. I stayed out 31 days and always took my 5 full days off, was on the U.S. fleet and also went to Canada. The Pro's of GTI are plenty of freight, longer average runs if you want to stay out, regular pay increases without any questions, tractors with an APU, and regular maintenance, and was home within 24 hours of my requested time every month. I did push that with my DM. The negative's for GTI would include fewer miles and shorter runs if you want to get home every 2 weeks like their recruiting talks about, poor communication between regular and after-hours dispatch, too many hoops to collect detention, and an attitude that taking your vacation time can't be combined with your earned home-time. Good Luck!!

6. La Pine Ron

La Pine Ron Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    La Pine, Or
    If as a graduate you elected to go with GTI, and you live in Oregon, where would your orientation/training take place, and how long is their training program?

7. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Although I'm not certain, I believe from there you will go to their Pacific, Wa headquarters. They may do orientations in Clackamas, Or. also. Will you be looking to get on the 97 fleet?

8. SwervyMervyn99

SwervyMervyn99 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Yatista, if you were still in Gordon's area,would you still be there?

I've been reading some threads how they are going down hill, from what I've read it sounds a lot like how Crete went down.

Do yu believe they are going downhill, or do you think they are one of the better companies out there......they have always sounded good to me, but I'm not sure right now.....thanks.

9. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Yes, if I had not moved I would still be at GTI. I believe they are a good training company, provide well maintained equipment, and pay as well as other training companies. Are they perfect, no, and I don't believe that the perfect company exists. I was kept moving, paid according to what I agreed to when I accepted the job (detention was hard to collect too many hoops) and was home very close to my requested dates. Was I asked to stay out longer? yes, and I said no. Was I given pre plans I could not do legal? Yes, but I never sent an acceptance, I sent a best ETA to delivery or pick up. If I then received the load assignment it was always relayed or rescheduled to meet my ETA. Yes, I would work for them again.

10. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Oh wow! Gordon trucking (gti) drugs and alcohol is at 47% on CSA? really? www.csa.fmcsa.dot.gov carrier search.

11. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    You are correct, and it represents 7 violations from 4,489 inspections. Sure sounds like the an overwhelming statistic to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.