Gordon trucking ~ gti

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by beep beep, Feb 19, 2011.

1. truckerdan57

truckerdan57 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2012
    spokane, WA
    I drove for GTI from 2000 to 2007, right out of truck school from Longview, WA

They are a wonderful trucking company to drive for. Not everyone fits in and they may move on if they choose to.
    I think your post is funny. And believe in some of it. But if you get on with GTI, just go with the flow, they are a great bunch of folks to work for. They had me all over on the lower 48....did alot of Costco in CA and just plane had good miles...averge was 2500/2700 weekly....yes some were on 1800 mile loads fr the week and others were 3200 at times. As time went on I could ask them to get me to Tennesee or Gergia which teams usually only ran but they would plan it out and get me load there. I recon things are some what different now. But they are Class A to me. Be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    So, how does operations treat drivers?:biggrin_2554:

4. truckerdan57

Jan 13, 2012
    spokane, WA
    Ohh yes operations...seen some behind scenes...but its really not for the driver and then again its all about the driver. Operations from one company to the other vary and probably covered in the orentation process or your questions should have been answered there...moreso; perhaps, even before you entered orentation. It worked best for me operations/planners send the data to dispacher to driver. The driver takes the load assingment and completes the task involved to the best of hs ability. Its that smple...no need to worry about operations...go through your dispatcher who is your driver manager and go from there.... The operations have there hands full and thats way they have load planners/dispatchers and so forth.... Their is change over of folks all the time some move in different postions and some just move on. Enjoy..

5. La Pine Ron

La Pine Ron Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    La Pine, Or
    Yatista, I have just started school, but to answer you question yes I will. They run quite a few rigs up hwy97 actually you see them everyday. It seems as though it is a 50-50 split between dry and refer also. Do you have .to know the lane they are filling? Is it known as an I5 route?

La Pine Ron

6. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    La Pine Ron, The 97 fleet runs as far South as Sacramento, Ca. and North into Washington going East to Spokane and West to Seattle. It is it's own fleet and allows frequent home time for those who live on U.S. 97 in Oregon.

I left GTI in July when I moved to New York so not up to date on specific openings. Good Luck

7. truckerdan57

Jan 13, 2012
    spokane, WA
    Hey la pine ron...i may know you from gti...did you not work for truck stop in la pine. We chated few times there then when you hooked up with gti we spoke about 4 other times in passing...i left gti in 11-2007

bob wilson retired few years ago..

That hwy 97 run sounds dead on...rhey have a wide arrange of fleet routes that you may fit into....i wanted all over myself...wasn't that excited about those winds over in wyoming and some of the white o
    ut but we got it done..drive safe

8. La Pine Ron

La Pine Ron Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    La Pine, Or
    Truckerdan57, I relocated here towards the end of 2007, and no I have not worked at Gordys. Must of been another Ron. Anyway, what are you up these days? As far as the 97 run, that sounds like a good gig to have. I think I could go for that.

9. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Alright if you don't mind being micromanaged, told how long of a break you're allowed to take, when and where to do laundry or get groceries, sleeping in someone else's filth, being ordered to chain and push thru a blizzard no matter how unsafe you feel the conditions are. Oh and being given crap for having an AMERICAN FLAG on your truck- I was told mine might 'offend someone of another culture'. When I'd take only TWO days off they'd expect me to empty out my truck for someone else, and they didn't care if I didn't smoke

10. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    actually if you are only going to be off for two days, you don't need to clear out your truck. anything over two yes you need too. it's in the driver reference manual under home time. if your dm has a problem with it, too bad for them. it's company policy. in my driver reference manual it's on the bottom of pg30

11. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    This was Modesto that told me two days. I said 'sure, but I'm NOT counting it against my hometime!'. In the three years I was there I NEVER cleaned out my truck. I think it's wrong to slip seat trucks that drivers live in (OTR). Local/shuttle I can understand, but I WILL NOT have some fat slob sleeping in my bed. My current company doesn't believe in the slip seating bs. When I go home or take up to a week vacation the truck sits in my front yard

They have their own set of rules at that yard. Final straw for me was when they tore an American flag off my truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.