Gordon trucking ~ gti

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by beep beep, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hardie-worker

Hardie-worker Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Reno, Nevada
    I drove recently for GTI for a year. In some ways OK but a bit "starchy". They don't usually vary much for driver needs unless it is a true emergency or you live on the I-5. Pay for experienced was 36 cpm. My miles averaged 2100/wk which was because I'd stay out at least 3 weeks. Equipment was top rate and CSA compliance was excellent. They are generally ethical but FRUGAL but what outfit isn't. Health benefits plan was fine unless you or spouse have "pre-existing conditions" and then it's really bad. And yes, there are drivers who will "drop the dime on you." You can always make the del and pickup times but often lately there has been too much time on the loads for those in "US Fleet." Dedicated drivers do much better but the openings are few. Trucks are governed at 62 MPH so in Utah, NV, CO, MT, AZ and so on, a Swift or Schneider could actually rear-end you so use your lites always.:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. raghib

raghib Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2012
    redmond, or
    Hey La Pine Ron - did you decide if you are going with GTI? I assume you went to IITR in redmond? Thinking about going there myself shortly and trying to learn about all the options out there after school. Did you learn anything about the 97 fleet aside from whats posted here. Appreciate any insight!

4. superphud

superphud Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2010
    pacific,wa
    My wife and I Drive Team for Gordon and I can tell you this much, THEY BETTER NOT BE DOING ALL THAT!, We have a Lawsuit against them and I believe it is illegal for them to listen in on conversations with our Attorneys among other things. I will talk to my Attorneys about it and look into detection equipment.
    If you are interested, our case Number is No. 10-2-09860-2 and has been filed in the THE SUPERIOR COURT FOR THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR PIERCE COUNTY, You can find it on their web site @ https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Case/CaseFiling/filingCopies.cfm?cn=10-2-09860-2&ct=CIVI
    ,,, GTI tried to get this case about long haul driver OVERTIME dismissed. They even sent letters to GTI drivers that said they already pay overtime. This past Friday they argued in Court for Summary Judgment and it didn't go GTI's way, the Court refused to dismiss the case. If you are a GTI Driver, current or former, from WA you should call Nelson/Boyd out of seattle and ask how this case affects you. 206 971 7601 or 877 971 7601.
    It doesn't matter what you signed with GTI because your overtime rights can't be waived. I know all this because I filed the lawsuit
    Also, it is illegal for GTI to retaliate and I have been there 2 years since the lawsuit was filed with no retaliation.

5. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    Micromanaged,ordered to chain up and push thru blizzards,how long to take a break,what???? Dude, what company are you talking about. Can't be gti. My wife and i have been there for two yrs, and thats never been the case. We run a lot between wis and the n.w all through the winter, and when we felt the weather cond where not favorable, we would shut down, send a msg to our dm, and the only reply we ever get is ok, let us know when you're up and running. Never had a problom when we needed to shut down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.