Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I drove for GTI for 2 1/2 years, left in July to move to New York. Equipment is all Freightliners, (Columbia's and Cascadia's). Most now have APU's and inverters. The company is actually safety conscious as reflected by their SMS scores. They are presently converting the fleet to paperless logs. They have recently started doing hair drug testing on new hires and random drug tests. I never had a problem sitting waiting for a load, I was always routed home on time, (within 24 hours of request). If I moved back to their hiring area I would have them at the top of my list for an OTR company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Say Yatita or anyone... Do you know if Gordon has 7on7off or 14/7 like some of the other companies. Thanks for any info.

4. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    No, GTI doesn't do truck sharing. OTR solo and teams are assigned a truck for their exclusive use.

sal Thanks this.
  5. atomic

atomic Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    OMG.....NOT mlk day!!!

6. boonae

boonae Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2011
    trenton mi
    Yes, they have a drop yard in Sacremento, it's off of US 50, I have directions if you need them. :biggrin_25520:

7. YellowstoneJim

YellowstoneJim Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Gardiner, MT
    I drove for Gordon in the reefer division and it was the best otr job I've had. The company is based in Pacific, WA and most of their freight is on the west coast. I lived in Sacramento and was getting through the house almost every week. good luck

8. YellowstoneJim

YellowstoneJim Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Gardiner, MT
    The drop yard is at a warehouse and has 24/7 security. I left my new mustang there with no problems. Being nice to the security guards didn't hurt.

9. Asphalt Cowboy Spirit

Asphalt Cowboy Spirit Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2011
    California
    Seems to be like a nice company to work for... Anymore feedbacks?

10. ROB12

ROB12 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2012
    albany or.
    GTI's pay is very low hard to make ends meet ,the up side is the people are nice to work with and there rider pcost 25.00 and thats one thing they could do for there drivers that don't cost them there is good and bad

11. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Compared to what? GTI is basically a training company. Starting students at 30 cpm and rapidly advancing them to 34 cpm and reimbursing them for school tuition up to $4,000.00 over 2 years. That is about 02 cpm in tax free benefits. Compare that to Swift, Werner, and other training companies and post what they offer. Perhaps with 30 years experience you should be looking at Cross Creek for better pay!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.