Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by katfromut, Feb 4, 2007.

1. katfromut

katfromut Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I was fired by Gordon for not reporting an accident, that never happened. I was at Costco in Foster City, CA and was accused of running through a flower bed in the parking lot. I took pictures and there were no tire tracks. I think Costco turns in phony claims to Gordon. Anyway I reported it to my driver manager and was even sent to have pictures taken of my tractor & trailer. When I was contacted by the head of Gordon Safety he basically called me a liar. He told my driver manager that I was hostile, and I was terminated. It now shows on my DAC as an accident. Anyone know how I can get this corrected? There was no accident.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Since when is running thru a flower bed a accident? Those must have been some expensive flowers. You might have got fired for not reporting it. They don't need a reason to fire you and they can say what they want on a DAC report. When you make a report to the company, it should be to the safety dept also, not just to the DM. And a accident or incident report should be filled out also stating anyone present that might of witnessed it. You can put a notation on your DAC report of your side of the story if you feel they got it wrong. Good luck

4. kona911

kona911 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redding, CA

That's absolute bull. I drove for gordon up until 3 months ago. I was in truck 2469 and 2815 for anyone that cares. I ran the target fleet but I've done a TON of costcos including the one in foster city. I know EXACTLY which flower bed you're talking about. I ran through it.

#1 Costco and GP are HUGE to gordon so if costco complains gordon has to take care of it to save themselves.
    #2 GC is an #######. I've never met anyone before that's so full of himself. Everyone is the company is afraid of that guy because he's the director of safety. I was reported in BEND after delivering to a grocery outlet. He seems to treat people like you're his 2 year old son. It really pissed me off hearing the stories from drivers about what GC does. He couldn't cut it as a driver so he took a desk job...

I miss driving for gti but I don't like dealing with the fact that there were so many tattle tales who drive for them. People who think they are going to gain something for turning you in. I hate being nervous for passing another GTI driver driving 55 or going 20mph down a hill. Just a lot of drama between the drivers, almost like high school...

Now I'm local and I like know that when I'm done for the day, I can go home and actually make it home rather than doing a "hot" run and being told "there aren't any other drivers in the area" bullsh|t story agian.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  5. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    dude, was you honestly thinking that you could make ppl belive that a person would come in here and adnit to it and even give the truck numbers?? lmfao .. this is to funny.. i bet if the mods checked the p addy's of the two accounts, they are but one of the same..(breaking the rules.. ban them both) lol

6. warhoop

warhoop Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toledo , Or.
    I DID drive for GTI some years ago and GC is an A%$##, and all, and I mean all their drivers at the Medford terminal are whiny little brats that will drop a dime on anyone for nothing more than attaboys from GC.
    So don't tell me how wonderful GTI is.:biggrin_25510:

7. LVNV 6 of Spades

LVNV 6 of Spades Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well you all can celebrate now, GC was fired oh a few months ago. I think Jim from Medford was gonna take his position but havent heard anything.

8. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..YEEEAAAAA!!! good for them, it's too bad the drivers didn't have the chance to kick his azzz on his way out the door!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.