Got a 15 over warning lvl 3 inspection

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Truckerbrezze, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Where it was a warning and tacked onto an inspection there is no way to try and fight it... You CANNOT go to court to try and fight or reduce a warning, it cant even be data-q'ed. Therefor, the companies CSA points will go up (not good), the violation will be listed on your PSP (also not good), but it will not be on your MVR (only good thing I can think of).

Just hope your boss and the insurance are willing to keep you on. Best of luck to you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerbrezze

Truckerbrezze Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Yeah. I'm thinking the same thing. If anything I'll see if I can take a pay cut to continue to work here or I'm thinking a mega carrier would hire me. It really sucks because me and the boss are really good friends but I would hate for him to be put in a worse situation because he decides to keep me, I've already damaged the CSA score for 2 years so that sucks. So it's either the mega carriers or the Russian/ Easter European boys in Chicago it looks like. I'll probably start searching and ask my boss what does he think

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Truckerbrezze

Jan 9, 2020
    Thanks for all the replies! So far I've gotten some good insight and a better grasp on my situation. Wish everyone the best of luck. And I'll also post updates on everything that going on with me. Just in case it happens to someone else In the future. At least they'll have guidelines to go by. It's a shame I was paying a little more attention but such is life.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Again, wrong.
    You can fight it via the dataq system.

What you might mean is it's very difficult to get a violation overturned via dataq, but it can be fought.

650cat425 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    A PSP is simply a report of all violations in the last 36 months and crashes for the last 60 months.
    It will report the violation yes, but there are no points/score/etc associated. It simply lists the violations

Here is a sample one if you want to look at it.
    https://www.psp.fmcsa.dot.gov/psp/Documents/PSP_Sample_Report_.pdf

7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I didnt think a warning could be Data-q'ed... I may be mistaken, but I will agree that getting it over turned via data-q will be VERY difficult.

650cat425 and Hulld Thank this.
  8. Truckerbrezze

Jan 9, 2020
    Thanks for the info. I will try to do something about it. But I highly doubt anything will change. I'm definitely in the wrong, so odds are very stacked against me. But I guess it wouldn't hurt anything to try. I wonder if I could offer them cash to make it go away jk (I'm actually kinda not. But I know bribery is illegal.) Again thanks for all the solid info. I really appreciate the help

9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I see that officer did do you a favor.
    A warning for 15 over, no citation. No wreckless driving to go with it.
    3 years good driving. I'm sure that will help insurance reaction. 1 mistake in 3 years. Not bad.

Instead of worrying, call the insurance agent and find out. He might have some advice to help.

Truckerbrezze Thanks this.
  10. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    I look and review mvrs for an insurance company every day......I don't recall EVER seeing a "warning" show up on a mvr.......so if it's not on the mvr how will insurance company see it?

650cat425 Thanks this.
  11. Truckerbrezze

Jan 9, 2020
    You don't realize how much I appreciate the positive outlook lol. I've literally been stressing for the last 3 days thinking what if I get fired and can't provide for my family. I'm not gonna lie I've been in a dark place these last few days worrying on the outcome. I have a but of money saved up but still. The CDL is my livelihood and I damaged it in a total of a 1/8 of a mile or so. I'll definitely be looking into what can I do to fix this. Hopefully I have a good outcome. I'm praying for the best.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.