Got a speeding ticket on my way home from orientaiton

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by opossumplane, Feb 16, 2023.

1. opossumplane

opossumplane Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2023
    I mentioned the checkpoint to give an idea to how close I was still to the NV stateline. There are things to walk through like the fact that my license may still be considered a Class C because I haven't done the DMV trasnfer so the legal process may look different but I'm not a lawyer, which is why I'm seeking legal expertise. You do realize people literally fight murder charges? You can "fight" any ticket/conviction, it doesn't always mean saying your not guilty, sometimes it's just reducing it down to a non moving violation and paying a hefty fine. I've already found legal representation and just waiting to hear back from them now.

The Crossword Trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022

There’s probably not one amongst us who never made a mistake. Problem for you is we aren’t talking about our mistakes but trying to help you with yours.

Take the advice to fight it, read the company policy to ensure you didn’t miss anything on reporting it and PLEASE listen to them when they say. Change your habits, Don’t speed, and all those things because it’s important.
    That cop sees your driving record when he goes back to the car and if your a clean driver, they are many times willing to cut you a break on the roadside. Last week I ruined my perfect record but the cop cut me a huge break when He saw my clean record. He issued me a 0 point ticket on site to save us both a court date.

opossumplane and bzinger Thank this.
  4. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    You took and passed the test. You are considered a Commercial driver from the time/ date written on that paperwork!

opossumplane Thanks this.
  5. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    There are a bunch of ways to wiggle out of this , now you have learned a great lesson, do your best to save your license and go on with your life
    There is always a good chance the cop wont even show up
    A local lawyer with know the ins and outs

Speedy356, opossumplane and bzinger Thank this.
  6. JimJones

JimJones Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2022
    It's a last ditch effort, but if you can get the cops home address pay him a little visit.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That's probably the worst piece of advice I can think of.

8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Top 10 dumbest comments I’ve seen on TTR. Offer sound advice or a reasonable opinion.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Oh, most likely it would be a last ditch. It's 50-50 if the person would survive and even if they did that kind of a visit might be considered felonious and would in fact solve the problem for the driver at least for the next several years.

10. JimJones

JimJones Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2022
    Not necessarily to intimidate him, cops are human and have needs just like the rest of us.

11. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    If you haven't switched your DL to CDL yet just pay the ticket and take the traffic school option. This way the ticket won't be on your record.

Zoltan1a Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.