Got accepted, might drink the kool aid. Trainers in Berks county pa?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Carlnix30, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Carlnix30

Carlnix30 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Update!!

Sadly.. I Finished load securement. I love getting up there and getting my hands dirty! Mike our instructor is knowledgable and helpful. He does a great job of getting the point across without making you feel like an idiot! I feel I have learned a lot from this part of the training but there is going to be so much more when I get out in the field!

started the backing and driving phase of training! In my first week I would see the older gentleman sitting at the table talking.. and really all I could think was.. These guys look tough.. (They are the ones that ride around with you in the second week) well.. I was wrong again! They are hilarious but serious! Right away as we drive out in the bus to the yard they began explaining what they expect, what we will be learning.. And what they expect of us! This is serious stuff but the way they presented it was stern but somehow at the same time made me feel comfortable. Backing was great! Serpentine, 45 and figure 8 . We then drove for two hours! They were patient throughout the entire process! Instruction when I was lost in the gears.. I feel that I am learning even when eating my lunch!
    this place is exactly what I wanted it to be!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. genyc07

genyc07 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Awesome I'm so looking forward to get out there the 30th

4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    What are the 2 old guys names? Wally? He delivered TMC's first load. They are pretty darn funny!

5. Carlnix30

Carlnix30 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I prefer to not name names until I am done on Friday. But I would believe that one of these seasoned drivers is Wally.. Lol these Guys have done they're time trucking and are giving they're gift of knowledge to us! Its amazing!! I have the utmost respect for each and every one!

6. Carlnix30

Carlnix30 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Update!!

Rough day today! I volunteered to stay for extra yard time started my day at 6:30 and didntbget bacj here till 9p The yard was tough.. Well I'm really hard on myself! I am still learning a lot! My driving is really improving! Shifting has become really easy and I didn't get lost in any gears!! I'm still here and loving every minute of it!

milskired Thanks this.
  7. Azure33

Azure33 Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Pennsylvania

I am very proud of you!! Keep up the good work and we will be rooting for you on the home front!!:cheers:

Carlnix30 Thanks this.
  8. Carlnix30

Carlnix30 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Update!!!

in case anyone was wondering where I've been.. Heck at this point I don't even know! The obvious thing is I made it through orientation and am now in a truck with a trainer. Three days and I have driven almost 1200 miles. My first load was a load of plastic pipe. It was big and a little awkward to drive around. It is definitely different that driving to yard truck with jersey barriers attached. Just dropped off a load of OSB from weyerhouser in WV at menards in Chicago area! Barely have time to eat! The mountains in WV were gorgeous! My trainers says "yeah yeah I've seen it" lol

milskired and K9OTR Thank this.
  9. K9OTR

K9OTR Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Rochester, NY
    Congrats! glad things are going well. I agree on the Mts in WV... some very nice views... also some terrible roads in spots. Hope you're having fun and learning alot. Keep up the great work.

milskired Thanks this.
  10. genyc07

genyc07 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Good luck. Glad you're having fun

11. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    Things will seem a little overwhelming at first and you'll feel like you don't have any time. Not to worry though as your time management will get better and those big awkward loads will be no big deal in no time. Pay attention to your trainer (hope he's good) and learn all you can. When you get your own truck its awesome, I kinda miss it but not going to give up my local job and no tarping ever lol.

Continued luck and keep us updated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.