Got approved to both CR England and Central Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BigRigTex, Jun 24, 2014.

1. KoolKid

KoolKid Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Arkansas
    My advice / Opinion:

RUN as fast as you can FROM CR England. I have seen over and over over and over over and over over and over Guys interested in trucking ask about England and everyone tells them "No, stay away" and they don't listen... Next thing you know, your another England horror story.

There are other better companies with options for you. England is such a bad company! It will be a 99% chance you would be ending your trucking career as it begins with England....lol

But remember, when your starting out in trucking, don't expect HIGH pay right away as a company driver. Work your way up.... If your interested in being a Owner-op... I would never advise anyone under 3-4 years to become an owner-op. But its a goal right?!?

Good Luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Howdy,

Im new here...

Thanks for your insight. After reading comments about CRE from a few sites I expect a lot of BS in the process. I am trying to keep my eye on the prize which is the CDL. They have a so called "Vet Program" that only requires 6 months committment. Looking for another gig during that 6 months is an excellent idea. Thanks.

4. KoolKid

KoolKid Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Arkansas

Welcome!

So you are going to move forward with CRE? I do understand you really want to get that CDL and I don not blame you at all... But with CRE they can horribly screw up your DAC (Truck Drivers Safety Record) which can prevent you from hiring on with other companies. However, there are a few luck ones that escape CRE...lol At least thats what I hear but never met one...lol

I recommend checking out a few other companies that sponsor your CDL. Either way good luck and once your out there, keep that greasy side down...

Enovvy, Big Duker and Moving Forward Thank this.
  5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Not a good source for this. Firespock is doing it, he would have the answers.

6. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Great advice there. But been watching them come here for 7 + yrs. Few listen to advice like yours. Most don't. England sells the sizzle not the steak. Because their meat is spoiled. How many hundreds have come back griping or quitting for good with a bad taste for trucking for life. Most fall for the flease and trainer BS. If they don't kill themselves and others they go home deeply in debt and in worse shape them they were before. Getting a CDL is easy. Go pass the test and rent a truck for $2-500 to take test and you're in. Plenty of starter companies will give you a try. Especially out in W TX where this guy is.

KoolKid and Moving Forward Thank this.
  7. ChefBrianN

ChefBrianN Light Load Member

May 10, 2014
    Michigan and Colorado
    Listen...I want to make this absolutely clear. Please do NOT choose CRE as a way to go. Especially if you are a Vet and have other options. I worked for CRE and HATED every minute of it. In fact, I did every thing I could to fulfill my obligation to them as soon as I could. I don't my any means consider myself some success story from CRE. Those people tried to F$c& me over every chance they could. They cheated me out of money and they lied to me from day one. My first trainer there was half my age and used to dog on CRE the entire time I was in "his" truck. The sad fact was that it wasn't his truck, it belonged to CRE and the only reason he was training was because he was trying keep that truck by making money on having me pull 50% of his freight. When I finally finished my training and I refused to sign one of their lease agreements, I waited several weeks to be assigned my own company truck and when I did get a company truck, it was a beat up former lease truck that was abused and repossessed from a former driver/student that couldn't fulfill their contract.

Then I spent several months driving 400-600 miles a week and doing runs with multiple drops and being cheated out of multiple stop pay because of the way they scheduled my runs. Those people go out of their way to #### over drivers. I will never consider myself a success story for CRE...I'm just a guy that got out of there alive and still wanting to drive for a living...which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for many others that started when I did.

Please do yourself a favor and find another way to go. As a vet, you have a lot more (and better) options than to burden yourself with CRE.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Big Duker, Moving Forward and Enovvy Thank this.
  8. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Good thing you're not an accountant.

ChefBrianN and Big Duker Thank this.
  9. fencitup

fencitup Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Bronx, NY
    Ha, I see what you're saying, but...

As he said for the bus ticket at least, the food, he's probably thinking at least as well. When you're up studying or out exerting yourself you will eat more than what you normally do. And he also probably planned to have a few dollars in his pocket for incidentals. So, his $1000 is probably correct.

10. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Thank you for responding. After reading the comments I have started looking elsewhere. I looked on the website and the hidden costs turned me off. I do want that CDL but ill be patient and continue searching

Big Duker Thanks this.
  11. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    [QUOlegal" bE=KoolKid;4095113]Welcome!

So you are going to move forward with CRE? I do understand you really want to get that CDL and I don not blame you at all... But with CRE they can horribly screw up your DAC (Truck Drivers Safety Record) which can prevent you from hiring on with other companies. However, there are a few luck ones that escape CRE...lol At least thats what I hear but never met one...lol

I recommend checking out a few other companies that sponsor your CDL. Either way good luck and once your out there, keep that greasy side down...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding. Decided to look elsewhere. Hidden costs....
    And is three weeks enough time to be "legal"? Would another company hire me with that many hours of training?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.