Got call from Katrina in recruiting..app. approved

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by SHOJim, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    oh...ok....will call tomorrw see what I can find out. I figure if worse comes to worse and the company doc says no I might get just the 3month or 6month or 1yr card or if they do they send me home. Well I will have my hard copy CDL and the retraining and my med card. So I could prob walk out and a day later get on with another company. I know of bout 5 smaller companies off the bat that are as strict. They are small will 35 or less trucks. So its a win win either way it falls.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    I went thru similar with CRE....they have their onsite clinic. How do I look up the clinic number at Stevens? Its not on their website.

4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Call the main number and ask the operator for the clinic.

5. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I was diagnosed as diabetic 3 or 4 years ago controlled will pills. When I went to Stevens they did an A1C (or what ever its called) and the regular blood sugar test. Every 3 months they would check my blood sugar but not the A1C.

And you want the Mexican (actually from Peru) girl to poke your finger. Cant feel a thing but the black girl hurts!

6. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Ok some things to consider....but like I said if they reject me for some reason....they are too many other companies that would hire. I know CRE is starting to crack down on their hiring practices also. I think that even tho the DOT is sending out suggestions and not forcing these companies to use these rules, these companies are making it harder for guys like me to get jobs even tho we know there would be no prob.

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Keep your fingers crossed for me folks! Thanks!

8. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You'll do fine. Just stick to the studies, apply yourself and stay away from complainers and negative people.

nascarchuck Thanks this.
  9. rogercausey

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    nascar...its called A1C they do it once every 6mos to guage an idea of what your blood sugar has been running...last time mine was done was in Nov of last year. Usually it goes by a scale of 1 to 10. if it runs 5-7 your doing fine...mine was 6.2...but I will not try to worry myself cuz like I said if it doesn't work out too many other companies that will hire and not be as so strict.

10. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    roger, you should be fine. There are other drivers at Stevens with the same diagnosis and treatment. I have had a couple students and they're doing fine with the company.
    Just be sure and bring any and all documentation, along with contact information for your doctor. Give a release form in advance to your doctor allowing him to speak with Stevens Doctor about your case. Makes things much smoother and comfortable.

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks to everyone who has shared experiences, advice and opinions..much appreciated:biggrin_25525:
    Jmorgn

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.