Got my Application Approved

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Beans, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Beans

Beans Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Temple, GA
    I can not get into orientation just yet. I have been approved. How long do you have to wait? I live in Atlanta and I have < 6 months otr. That is why I have to go with them so I can build my exp.
    Thanks.:biggrin_25516:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Until they have an orientation class and an open spot. They should have been able to tell you. Did you ask your recruiter?

Beans Thanks this.
  4. Beans

Beans Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Temple, GA
    I was told it was on a first come first serve. My recruiter told me it may take a month. I got approved in mid May. She told me that she may get me in on 6/16.
    I'm anxious. I know the economy is bad and now it is effecting us drivers

5. bill122250

bill122250 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA
    I talked with a Swift recruiter today. I am going to orientation in Syracuse, NY. Was told it would be July all slots for June were filled. Maybe there would be a cancellation and I could go sooner.

6. bill122250

bill122250 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA
    I just got approved for Swift. Orientation will be in Syracuse, NY. I was told that it would be in July, all slots for June are filled. Maybe get in sooner if there is a cancellation.

Beans Thanks this.
  7. SuchatruckinLady

SuchatruckinLady Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    GA
    I was approved back in early May, and slots were filled for June back then. Luck for me, I have to wrap up some loose ends at home first, so I am call the recruiter once a week to check on getting in for July. I'll wait til August if I have to, but I pray I don't have to wait that long.

# Beans, the recruiter I spoke to said that Atlanta is slower right now. I have seen a lot of Swift trucks on the east side headed towards the Lithonia terminal, so maybe that terminal is sincerely full of drivers.

I keep my hope up for Swift because I know a female driver who had a great experience with training and running dedicated before she decided to switch her career gears and go back to school. There's plenty of bad stories out there, but I personally know a good story, and there's got to be more good stories. We just haven't heard them all.

Beans Thanks this.
  8. CityBoy99

CityBoy99 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2009
    Dallas, tx
    Your absolutly right there has to be more positive stories about swift. You just so happen to get all the ones that didn't benifit from the experience here. There are plenty of swift trucks on the road rollin, so ever thought the positive drivers are too busy handling their business and stayin focused hheeemmmm................

Beans and SuchatruckinLady Thank this.
  9. Darkschneidr

Darkschneidr Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I know many people who are content with being company drivers for Swift. I also know lease operators who are content with being lease operators for Swift. The ones that I see that are the happiest tend to be team drivers who don't have to idle and sit at truck stops as much (other than to take a shower) and tend to just keep the truck rolling as much as possible while out.

You mentioned that she was running dedicated (SuchatruckinLady), for me that has been a big reason I have enjoyed my position with Swift as I moved to a dedicated reefer fleet not long after becoming employed. It was definitely the right move for myself and my co-driver as neither of us has any complaints about the company.

SuchatruckinLady Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.