got my cdl a month ago,im 40 miles up 24 from chattanooga

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by markhammond, May 15, 2015.

1. markhammond

markhammond Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hey yall i trained for 2 weeks at rosedale,trainer had never trained before,told me he really wasnt cut out for it,They didnt want [or didnt have] anyone else to train me...soo im looking for a good company around here,no flatbed,would love a dedicated,or regional..or local..thinking about averritt..anyone have any suggestions? chinatown? thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GregH65

GregH65 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Move to the Dyersberg area and work for DOT Foods.

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    old dominion and conway have training for inexperienced people

5. steve9501

steve9501 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Kingston, Tn
    RE West in Lebanon Tn have a good program for new drivers. I drove for them for 2 yrs and loved the company and everyone there. I was out of driving for a few yrs now I am headed to Maverick to learn flatbed. West will typically have you home on the weekends but every now and then I had to stay out. They haul alot of water heaters that you have to assist unload, not any big deal. You get extra pay for that also. Donna Tomlinson is the lady to talk to she is very easy to work with. Hope you find what you are looking for, stay safe.

6. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    For what it's worth I've heard good things about Averitt.

7. markhammond

Apr 14, 2015
    thanks guys,im still looking..averritt does look good,except for only wife rider policy,and paying back all the money they pay you in training,if you dont stay 6 months...everything else i love,no hazmat,auto trans...home weekends

8. markhammond

Apr 14, 2015
    ohh and DG accounts but gotta start somewhere,all in all averritt doesnt appear too bad,im still looking around tho..holland sounds interesting too

9. markhammond

Apr 14, 2015
    so any suggestions? averritt,hogan,roehl,swift,prime???? anybody else close to chattanooga

10. ChromeNut

ChromeNut Light Load Member

May 22, 2014
    Lockport, IL
    Id strongly suggest finding a small owner operation of 2-10 trucks on paper logs. (If you want to make money). You'd be much more appreciated for your work, and will make twice more money after your first month, than you'd be driving for those big comps

11. markhammond

Apr 14, 2015
    great advice,ive been trying that,just very hard to find...with no exp

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.