Got myself a citation for parking. What can I do about this?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by falcon79, Feb 24, 2020.

1. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Theyve always seemed to love pounding on my sleeper and wrecking my nights sleep. Specially in VA. Parking on shoulder is 3 points there, same as wreckless driving. TN didnt put any of them on my license.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    So did you ever manage to work out a way of not having your door pounded on at night?

4. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
  5. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    When an officer tells you to move that takes precedent over ALL other rules.
    Maybe if you put out your triangles etc you might have a chance but then they might call a tow truck.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The one time I got a ticket it was $100.

I sent a picture of a Benjamin to the courthouse.

Cop never knocked on the door. Just stuck it in the outside mirror.

I was already at my destination. Just waiting to pull in. The sign said no parking unless making deliveries. Which I was doing just that.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Take a group photo with the State troopers andtheir cards/;

Then the court will know this was a specical event type mass enforcement push.

I generally pay the tickets and go on my way, it has no stressor item with them.

The one time the Dear Phillpsburg Lawmen Dept in it's entirety found that I had managed to make room on a pile of discarded signposts on the far right shoulder across from the 76 there eating dinner.

Made them wait around my tractor almost three hours. Seasoned them really good to full anger. They raised hell, wrote tickets and inspected with malice and prayers I would be OOS, towed etc etc etc.

They found nothing other than one parkintg tickert one tired driver and so forth. I paid same cash and was on my way without trouble. Just minus alot of hours that evening as I was planning on being somewhere by 8 am 500 miles away. It made it but it's not doing that again.

bentstrider83 and 88228822 Thank this.
  8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    he was the opt of the truck. its the state of cali property. the ramp/shoulder is still apart of the interstate. so its more then a simple parking ticket.

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Man.......I thought TA and Pilot paid for parking was expensive. You took the jackpot

Lumper Humper, truckdriver31 and stwik Thank this.
  10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Had a minor engine problem and had to go to the Kenworth dealer in Landover, MD. Small place with no lot to drop the trailer so they tell me to drop it there in the street by the shop. Couple of hours later i go to hook up to the trailer to leave and a parking ticket was stuck in the flap of the electric connection box. Never saw the cop so i don't know how he did it without seeing him.
    Well, long story short, i turned it in with my paperwork for the trip and about a month later the lady in permits calls and says the ticket is $550. It was written to the company as all the cop had was the trailer license plate number. She told me they did not plan to pay it as we never went to that city and would not be going back to that Kenworth dealer again. Never heard any more about it.
    Commercial vehicle parking tickets are just a way of robbing the poor to pay the rich.

11. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    This is where trip planning can save you a lot of money. Before I start rolling, I know what destination I'm trying for, and always have a backup that's closer should something delay me getting to that spot.

I was woken up by a woman pounding on my door not long ago. I wasn't happy about having to get up to let her out. :)

Opus, rachi, snowlauncher and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.