Got myself a citation for parking. What can I do about this?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by falcon79, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Now that's funny!

FoolsErrand Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Suck it up buttercup! Take responsibility for your mistakes and pay the ticket.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  4. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    There has to be more to that story.
    What was the ticket actually for?
    I was under the impression.maybe wrongly. that a traffic type ticket can only be issued to a motorized vehicle and a trailer is not.

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    It may be if it is written with the drivers name on it. If it is just a parking ticket the info on it will not have the drivers name on it. Only vehicle info. I've got some of those $100 parking tickets in Ca for parking on public town streets where I should have known better. Well, I did know better but parked there anyway.

FoolsErrand and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    We were told that if we pc’d off a property (forced to leave/nearest safe haven); we could continue on that line until we found safe and legal parking, even if the first few truck stops were full as long we commented on it. Going from nearest ts to nearest ts.

However, if we’d been on the drive line, and had spent the last hour looking for parking (with comments) and then ran out of time; using PC to continue would be a mistake, instead we are supposed to just continue on the drive line looking while commenting about full parking. Essentially getting a HoS violation.

7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    You can use PC to move to next available place to park anytime an LEO instructs you to... Just put the LEO's department and badge number in the comments. Had this happen to me at a very small scale house that is rarely open... They decided to open it 6 hours into my 10 hour break. DOT officer came and asked me nicely to move down the road about 20 miles to a rest area, because I would be in the way of normal scale house operations... He provided me with his badge number and I moved.

PE_T, bzinger and falcon79 Thank this.
  8. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Where in Virginia?

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Wrongly. We were moving a forecast company from Brooklyn to Patterson. I would drop the trailer and give the parking ticket it was given to my boss. He put them in the invoice.

If it needs to be registered, it can get a parking ticket.

buzzarddriver and kylefitzy Thank this.
  10. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Correct. and therein lies the problem. If you don't pay a ticket for the horse you can't get a new plate.
    Is it an actual ''parking'' ticket''.
    Whats the penalty for the trailer with a permanent plate.
    On a toll road does the trailer plate get charged?
    What about a leased trailer?

This is all I could find for now.
    ''If the vehicle plate is not visible due to the presence of a trailer then no offence notice is issued. However, when photographic evidence is being reviewed, if the Provincial Offences Officer can recognize the vehicle plate (despite presence of a trailer) a charge can be laid and an offence notice will be mailed to the registered vehicle owner (plate holder) of the vehicle''.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    1) Pay the ticket
    2) Don’t go back
    3) Let that liberal infested mess starve

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.