Got myself a lifetime ban

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by D.Tibbitt, Apr 30, 2019.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Something like that happened to me at the Las Vegas convention center.

The idiot security guard thought he can tell me where I can make a right turn. Little did he know I didn’t give a ####, if I say that space is to small that space is to small. Needless to say his manager had to drag him away from me and remind him that he’s not driving the big rig and can’t make decisions for drivers on how they should drive.

Hope it works out man. All you can do is follow directions given, some propane jockey thinks he’s the boss in every yard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    That's my philosophy, if you're a #### to me you can go #### yourself.

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    No walking, just post on here, I’m sure one of us would’ve picked you up.

5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I’ve left the idiots at Johnson Control in Mccalla, Alabama standing there with mouths open before. I kept getting the run around when I would be on time for my appt. Idiot manager would make me pull off the door and load other trucks then put me back on.

I’d let them pull the four or five pallets of products, shrink wrap it and stage it before I would pull off the door and say “send it with someone else, I’m leaving.” Then I’d wave enthusiastically like a goof and say BYE! as they stood there on the dock not believing what was happening.

6. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    It amazes me how shippers and receivers treat drivers. Even before I got my CDL I worked in warehouses and I couldn't believe how these bosses talked to drivers.

7. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    @rbrtwbstr 's story reminded me of another story. Steel company I was at used to erect steel also. Well this one foreman would have his men pick up all our dunnage and just throw it on our trailer, usually spread from one end to the other. Then we would fix it and secure it. Sometimes you'd get to a jobsite and there would be 2 trailers stacked, with loose dunnage spread all over the top trailer. You'd have to climb up and arrange all the blocks... This one guy had enough, he pulls the stacked trailers behind the foreman's pick up truck and throws all the wood off in a pile behind his pick up.
    Needless to say, when the driver got back to the shop, he was fired...he felt good about it though. He was also an O/O, and would occasionally haul for us anyway...

alds, Rideandrepair, JoeyJunk and 4 others Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Been there.

Gary IN is the other.

Rideandrepair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I have a two f word rule. Second one that you send in my direction gets a reaction. I will not be yelled at or swore at. You want me to do something just ask. I can give it back just as well as take it. You should have taken your 30 min break inside after he started swearing at you.

alds, magoo68, Rideandrepair and 7 others Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had one crew who likes to cause problems in the concrete side here in Arkansas.

One day they were particularly nasty and uncouth, raising all sorts of hell. I let em roar. Get it off their system so they can put a hand on the chute and we go get that concrete off my mixer. But no. They decided to take me on and escalate.

The problem was that day I was just about had enough of certain other issues not related to work at all until that particular job. Domestic wrestling about finances at home. Nothing too serious. Wife and I were just learning how to effectively have a fight without doing physical fighting. (That's brutal. I rather take on a couple of chicago rats than my spouse with words.. whew, knowing I can really hurt her. And vice versa)

I finally had enough and snapped. There is a certain fuse in my head that just snaps and peace comes over me. Im not always aware of my physical actions then in combat. When I came round to sanity I found that the crews vehicles were concreted and the acid in the mix was doing damage to the finish etc. And a genaral mess of the job.

Absolute silence. I told them quietly, you can yell, you can scream, you can wrestle I don't give a ####. But provoke me you have a church mouse become a lion and he's going to be a good kitty taking care of that hunger and lust for violence with claw and fang. Anything and everything in reach is a weapon.

Well. I went back to the yard already quit in my mind and wrapping up my day. Boss man calls me into the office. He sits and asks me for the whole story. He's been in this 40+ years so cleaning up after his crew is routine to him. I told him that story, told him I am out of the workforce and essentially whatever retribution he had planned is moot, but more than welcome to bawl me out if that's what he wants.

I heard one word. "Out." and that's the end for that little sor'iee.

They paid the damages. Some of it anyway. Looking back on it it was a whole lot of nothing when workplace violence is a real problem any given day. But the stress relief? Way better than any medicine. The crew were properly... schooled and did not stay in the concrete scene too long after.

And yes wife and I patched the problem before the sun went down and we were not angry anymore. That became one of our rules. Fix it before sunset.

Life takes a awful lot of fixing.

But to abusive shippers and reicevers? mmm mmm mmm. Right. So we fix that with a bit of pallet wrap and the load applied a certain way. I got banned from one small one long ago. I show up 30 years later with a trailer. They could not believe it. Nor i. But loaded me meekly and quietly. that's the last we see of each other for certain.

But that does not stop them from being abusive.

Im such a softie. It kills me to solve problems this way.

However....

One employer did not handle his anger very well. To make a loose end very tidy and short telling this story, in front of three of my coworkers who are valued and in front of a co manager he threatens me. It's 6.05 am and the totally uncalled for words come out of his shaking mouth made me totally unsafe to deal with 18 wheeling that day. When you are not safe you don't drive until you are. It's something that has been built into me from OTR.

I took the time card tore it in half and got in my car and went home without a word. Seeing that little time card flutter to his shined shoes was a gratifying pleasure in life. Not a word was necessary.

People should not be that angry in management or bossman type positions. It's not healthy.

Maybe that's why workers are a dime a dozen but we aint got a dispatcher disposible yet.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trillium is popular for truckers.

Rideandrepair, x1Heavy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.