Got new trucks but no insurance and no cdl driver

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by jeremylamesa, Mar 17, 2023.

1. jeremylamesa

jeremylamesa Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2023
    Hello everyone, I appreciate any help here in advance.
    I have a brand new active MC number for my new company. Purchased 2 trucks F600 and trailers. The first driver that we were hiring got denied by the background check company and Im still not sure what happened there. Now the new trucks parked at the dealership. The dealer won’t let me move them to our company without insurance and a CDL driver (I don’t drive).

I tried to get insurance today, I was quoted $33k a year. $1M, $250 cargo for one truck 5 car hauler.
    Now, I have one option in front of me since I don’t have any experience in this, my only option is to pay about $5k insurance for the first month and tow the trucks to our lot then restart our search for a new driver which may take longer and cost more insurance, truck payments, rent and other expenses while the trucks parked for unknown period of time.

Is there any other cheaper options?

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Did you pay for the background check? If yes, I would demand that company reveal the findings to you, after all you are paying them.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
  5. jeremylamesa

Feb 10, 2023
    Yes. I was informed about this just minutes before we were making the trucks purchase.

6. jeremylamesa

Feb 10, 2023
  7. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I’ve never seen a dealer check insurance. Ask them for a temporary trip permit and say that it’s on your policy than just drive it away. Unless you were trying to register thru them, which yeah, if they are new trucks that’s probably what you were doing.

Wait, you bought 2 new trucks for not yet established carrier? Someone share that popcorn.

On a serious note, get quotes from Progressive and Great West, but I don’t know how can you do that without a driver since you can’t put yourself on it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Rubber duck kw and jeremylamesa Thank this.
  8. jeremylamesa

Feb 10, 2023
    Yes, they are brand new trucks. The dealer said no one can drive them out passed the gate without “commercial Insurance”. And they don’t sell or provide temp insurance.

Yes, Iol … I purchased 2 trucks and trailers. I want to start the bussiness, have no time to waste because I don’t really like popcorn .

9. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    This is not the way to enter this business I’m afraid. If you go to progressive direct you can quote yourself so you can play with it and check how the quote changes based on what you put on it. But you need a driver to put on there I think.

10. jeremylamesa

Feb 10, 2023
    I appreciate your concern. I had started businesses for other companies (none trucking) as a manager and I was always successful. I hope this time I help myself instead of working for others.

Yes, I got a quote from them for $33k a year, no driver needed. They put it under the company.

11. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Being cheap is not going to fix this. Join your state trucking association or the National Association for Small Trucking Companies (NASTC)for guidance. Once the vehicles are insured, either pay the dealership or a drive away service to deliver your equipment.

Just passing by and jeremylamesa Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.