Got new trucks but no insurance and no cdl driver

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by jeremylamesa, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    You should have had all the insurance questions answered and plan set up in place ready to go prior to buying equipment.

Besides that what's the plan to attract qualified car haulers to your new company and be able to pay them well enough all as a new business in a crappy economy?
    Better be a solid plan while you got equipment sitting and moon insurance rates.

Why not have started off with one truck and seeing if that can be successful prior buying a second truck?

Canceling the equipment sales and giving up this trucking company idea is the best business plan right now.

Kozakvod, Coffey, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I am not trying to be a dick, but what/who gave you the idea to jump both feet into a business you have no hands on experience with? Especially with debt and not a pile of cash to burn through while you learn the business. Or did you leave that part out of your post? It doesn’t mean you won’t make it work, but everything has costs. Whether it costs time, experience, training and money or a whole lot more money for the experience. It always costs for an education on a certain subject, especially where your money is included and not your employer’s money. This information will be helpful to those in the future who want to follow your footsteps. You definitely are not the first person to do this and won’t be the last on this forum to do this. I recall an Airline Pilot a few years ago wanting to get in the business managing it on his time in between flights. He never posted back to explain his experiences with us. He made it sound like it is a turn key style business where he would sit back and the cash would just flow in without ever having a hiccup. I can only assume it didn’t work out the way he envisioned it would.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    It gets better. :eek:

Screenshot_20230317_091356.jpg

5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Progressive is one of the only companies taking on new authorities, the only one I know of at all in fact. I wouldn't expect that quote to get any cheaper until you've been in business for a year or two.

6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I can’t guarantee my quality of dispatching, but I have been dispatched so it can’t be that hard. I also don’t work cheap, but I am up to the task.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    By then his damage ratio could be so high, cargo insurance will be unattainable.

cke Thanks this.
  8. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Oy.... I commented on that, didn't put it together that it's the same guy. Next up, he'll be looking for experienced drivers with clean records to work for 40 cpm.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I am doubting we will hear from the OP again.

BS, show up there with plates and go.

Go to the DMV and ask for temp plates and use regular insurance, until those trucks are in service, there is a need for just insurance to get it off the lot and into your hands, if the dealer pulls this crap about commercial insurance, tell them you want all the money back and file with the state licensing group in the state that they operate at, it isn't their call.
    So why was he rejected?
    No you are the only one, we know the answers and solutions for the problem but you won't listen.
    Read my above comment a DOZEN TIMES about the dealer.
    You know what?

That crap about starting a business doesn't matter here. You don't seem to understand how to do it in this industry and it is one thing that you have to be hands on with everything and plan carefully, especially with low rate/high volume freight.
    Too late.
    This is also my suggestion, get a refund on all the trucks and the trailers, get on the road doing the work if they want to be successful and stop being an armchair steering wheel holder owner, nothing worst than a marginal operation with crap drivers who are dug out of the bottom of the barrel in this industry, we have enough of them.

AND IF the OP is serious, he will take all the advice of dumping the trucks seriously, then if you really want to make a go at this regroup with proper research, proper funding and proper driver recruiting.

10. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    If he financed them through the dealers finance company, they can/will require insurance before you can take them off the lot.
    If bought tax exempt then he would need at the least that states commercial liability limit.

Jubal Early Times, ducnut and JoeTruck Thank this.
  11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    thats true to a point, the purpose of the temp plate and 'regular' insurance is to get the trucks off the lot and preped for work.

But it is a moot point, the OP isn't equipped for this with what he has done so far and just needs to tell the dealer to take the trucks back.

JoeyJunk and Kenworth6969 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.