Gotta couple questions.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ugminer, Apr 3, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Indeed Trucking is a journey. A lifestyle.

We go through so many people in this industry. Consider 100 wanna drive truck, half cannot pass DOT medical or drug tests. That leaves 50. Call it 15 out for a variety of reasons leaving 35 going to orientation. I would think 28 or so get through it. 12 quit or are eliminated in 3 months. More in 1 year. leaving very few left standing after three to five years.

Some are killed or smashed up or even imprisoned. And thats that for those.

We go through a hundred people in replacements in a hurry. And constantly more. You would think something is wrong with that but it's been done for decades. Most people exposed to trucking will eventually get out of it in due time for a variety of life reasons up to and including disability etc.

By comparison we get a thousand dispatchers. UGH.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ugminer

Ugminer Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    If I gotten a ticket back on 2-14 of this year an an ine probably in last 5 or so would a company still take me an train me you think

4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX

I think you will find that you will have a lot of opportunity to learn a lot of money in trucking if you are wiling to work hard.

Since you have a lot of experience working as a coal miner, my guess is that would not be hard for you.

Most labor jobs I know of pay anywhere from 10-15 an hour. But I get paid $30 per pick up. And the average time of each of my pick ups is about 40 minutes. So that's over 30 dollars an hour. Then I start driving again and my mileage pay kicks back in.

So because you have a CDL, your labor becomes a lot more valuable, if you are willing to do it. And I have been grateful for my labor because it has kept me healthy and feeling good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.