Goudy Transport - Stoughton, SK

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by CbarM, Jan 30, 2013.

1. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    Hey guys, I am wanting to hire on with these guys and I am curious if anyone knows anything about them. I cant seem to find any info on them at all other then their website on the net. I had a really good chat with their GM the other day and they seem like pretty nice folks to deal with, and a typical small family run business. Does anyone workin the patch in SE SK have any insight to em??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    They are the trucking company petrogas bought for their transload facilities. They have been hiring everything in sight this year to keep the transloads full.

As a company heard nothing but good, they have a big petrobakken account in Canada and many states runs. Lately heard the new guys were not able to get the us loads as these are apparently all going to people who signed on earlier in the year.

4. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    OK...well this sounds good...I am aiming to start there Saturday mornin with these guys. I will take all the work I can handle at this point. No sense in being out on that thar bald assed SK prarie amongst a buncha pump jacks for a holiday I reckon!

5. PressureRup

PressureRup Bobtail Member

Train loading is getting to be a big deal down there and will be until the XLKeystone pipe line goes through I imagine. Fella might want to have his eye on an option after that. Funny to see Stougton mentioned on here, it's pretty tiny,perhaps 50 people likely less. Did your employer line up some housing for you? Its tight for space from all accounts.

Edit: My apologies. Infact I was refering to Forget the next town down the line. Stoughton is a very vigorous community.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. itsneversafe

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    Good to hear cbar, if you get a reset day your not repairing things on, your welcome to pm me and come over to my place for drinks and BBQ. And say hi to billy buckles if you meet him up there

7. itsneversafe

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    There are a 104 people in forget as we'll as a community center and ball field. I think you have in mind griffon on the other side towards weyburn, only 40 or so people live there and the only thing of note is it has a dirt floor bar (maybe last one in Canada?) built onto the side of the persons house. Cause when buddy's is too classy only the swan is left .....

8. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    I might be heading that way alot this next month lol. Moved out of waskada itsneversafe?

9. PressureRup

PressureRup Bobtail Member

[h=3]Must have been quite a spike since I was there last.[/h]
    [TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Forget[/TD]

[TD]Saskatchewan[/TD]
    [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Population in 2006[/TD]

[TD]40 [/TD]

[TD]968,157 [/TD]
    [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Population in 2001[/TD]

[TD]40 [/TD]

[TD]978,933 [/TD]
    [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total private dwellings[/TD]

[TD]17 [/TD]

[TD]438,621 [/TD]
    [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Private houses/condos occupied by usual residents[/TD]

[TD]15 [/TD]

[TD]387,160 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/canada/Forget-Village.html#ixzz2JcSHzIPa

10. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    I drank in worse conditions wilst in the Army !!!

:occasion5:

11. itsneversafe

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    Was never living in Waskada Nate, I was actually in Carlyle back then. I just always seemed to own the short straw when our shop there needed help for a big haul! I am now in my own house in oxbow area so if your gonna crash in your sleeper come on by, my cooking beats the hell out of the crappy restaurants around here!

I don't know what website that is for the population of gforget but is mixed up with griffon, gr has 40 people forget has about a hundred. Was there for a church dinner and ball game last summer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.