Government money

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by D.Tibbitt, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Friday is my birthday and payday, if I get this free money too imma blow it on lotto scratchers and fried chicken! Woohooo!!

Deere hunter, D.Tibbitt and tommymonza Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    At least it Stays in America

4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Who cares?
    It’s all Monopoly money anyway.
    Government budgets are made of the same stuff that allows a hot air balloon to float.

5. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    That depends on the beer

tommymonza Thanks this.
  6. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    the damage done is the precedent it sets if it's tolerated this time. it'll be tolerated next time, and the next time, in larger and more expected iterations. While the money is representative of an intangible, so are the written laws that keep the people shuffling the monopoly money around from being 'allowed' to come through your front door without your permission. It's this tug of war of an intangible 'common agreement' between individuals that becomes wholly tangible once one individual secures more leverage of the 'common agreement', then all of a sudden that individual becomes quite clearly tangible when he uses an intangible 'rule' to leverage you to somewhere you didn't ask to go. :binky: u gotta watch these muffin doods

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I smell a Random

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  8. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Love's employees got a $2/hr pay increase, according to one trucker rag

Deere hunter, D.Tibbitt and TravR1 Thank this.
  9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    That's good to hear, and from an entire corporate perspective on payroll it's a very large amount of money that Love's is giving up to help their employees. But to the individual getting a pay increase from 12-14 per hour isn't very much.

Deere hunter, D.Tibbitt and ZVar Thank this.
  10. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    A local Burger King franchise Carrols, was going to lower their employees pay by 10%...not sure if they ever did it, terrible publicity...

Deere hunter and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Im not a fan of Loves business model of get in and get out quick. They are just glorified service stations, but its not a place you want to stay for longer than an hour.

It's unfortunate that is what profits nowadays. Small expedited fuel lanes and small parking lots.

Not knocking Loves though, they are doing their thing and it's working for them. It also sounds like they are doing what they can for their people.

I just wish the truck stops were doing better and expanding also, but it feels like they are dormant. The Travel Centers of America LLC (Ticker: TA) hasn't really shown any growth in the last 10 years or so.

I do not understand why that is. My suspicion is it has something to do with property taxes. I wish we would see tax benefits for companies that offer truck parking.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.