Graduated Swift WACO, GA Academy. What to Expect. What to not/do.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by LHJohn, Nov 30, 2016.

1. BabyD

BabyD Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Brunswick, Ga
    Has anybody been to training in Waco , Ga for swift , & how much do u get paid for training once your on the road with the trainer ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ItsDaNewGuyD

ItsDaNewGuyD Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Hello there. I start Training with Swift on Sept. 17. Do they give u the option to choose manual or automatic Trucks?

4. ItsDaNewGuyD

Sep 8, 2018

5. ItsDaNewGuyD

Sep 8, 2018
    Hello there. I start with Swift on the 17th of Sept. Do u get an option to choose automatic or manual?

6. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    OP…Very well said. It’s amazing how many people get into this profession with the worst attitudes and fight their success every step of the way.

7. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I'd think they have manuals if you want one

8. ItsDaNewGuyD

Sep 8, 2018
    Thanks. I prefer automatic.

9. Conniemackishumantrash

Conniemackishumantrash Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2019
    I'm a student on his 5th week at the Swift Academy in Waco. It's current state is hardly functional. Per an instructor, in the past the program worked a lot better. But as of now, it is a bad bet. Other locations, I'm to understand, have a 90% pass rate but this school has the exact opposite. Out of the 25 students that test per week, usually only 1 squeaks it out. And that's usually because the examiner was in a good mood and decided to throw you a bone. The examiner just a few days ago allowed a student to skip his brake test to give him a better chance and he blew it on the road portion. Lucky him, for even getting that far. Most students, for lack of road time aren't adept at shifting and so the examiners will switch gears for them, they all roll through cones on their maneuvers but the examiner ignores it, these are the only people passing. And save for a handful of students, it's not for lack of studying or practice. In my 5 weeks, I've had 30 minutes of road time, 25 on highway and 5 in town. This school is scary and outright negligent with your time and with its inability to train and ready students for the cdl exam. I take my 2nd test tomorrow. I haven't had any more than a few minutes of training from an instructor since I've been here. I'm an exceptional student and hopeful to pass. But if you're looking to get your cdl with Swift, I'd suggest talking to your recruiter about being sent to another academy. Most people as of early 2019 are going home, $6,000 in debt and nothing to show for it. Except for now they're probably unemployed because they left their job to attend the program. I wish I could better express what's going on out here. Cause I know if I read this before hand, I'd still take my chances. But I'm just doing what I can to warn others about what's going on. If you do read this and still decide to take your chances on the Waco academy. Welp, have fun living in a quality in for almost 2 months, with the probability of getting nothing in return. Hope you have a good savings. Or at least live nearby.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.