Great jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TheBreeze, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Easy job you say? $3500 every two weeks you say? Don't work over your hours you say? Well I say good luck and have some money stashed away in case you can't handle the not so easy job and need a plane ticket home. It isn't no walk in the park with money growing on the trees.

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. toyotaguy30

toyotaguy30 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2008
    PA
    educate me. I would like to know what you know. ty

4. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    HAHAHA, come back after a week and tell us your not gonna run over your hours in
    the oilfield...

Big Red Thanks this.
  5. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Ty....I think what everyone is getting at, doesn't this sound too good to be true?
    I honestly have no idea how you found this job, but does it not appear kind of strange to you that they are having (or willing) to import you for such a lucrative job (at least on face value). I'm not in Texas, but common sense tells me that there are plenty of hungry drivers down there in The Lone Star State. Now if your Uncle Bob is the company VP, then we understand.
    So far you haven't told any details on the who-what-where of this company. We fully understand if you want to keep it under your hat until you finalize things. The down side is that there might be folks on here that are familiar with that company/operation that could maybe give you some important or thought provoking information.

6. Luzon

Luzon Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    You know, if the majority of what you say is true, and I mean if what YOU were told is true, then you may have something there. However, working the oil fields is, as I understand it, a hot & dirty business.

You get beat up a bit driving on the dirt roads. But, you also spend a lot of time, out on the plains and off the beaten path. That in itself would appeal to me.

I think what the folks that've responded are saying is that it may be "not all it's cracked up to be". That's why they're recruiting from outside of TX.

I, for one, hope it's a job that really does end up being just like it was presented and that we're all wrong but if I were a betting man, I'd take the other side of the wager.

In any case, best of luck to ya. Please keep us posted.

7. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I apperciate you sharing this information with us. Please never mind the nay sayers and keep us informed how it goes for you. It should be an interesting thread. I wish you the best of luck

8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Don't the 'oilfield' drivers have special HOS? The one time I was in Texas I saw pipelines running everywhere, why do they need to haul crude w/ all those pipes? It's not like the oil industry just started to develop in Texas.

I also passed a number of oil services companies w/ yards full of vacuum tankers. Looks like lot's of hours spent servicing the wells & pump stations sucking up the slops.

Something sounds out of the ordinary to me...

9. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Yes they have different HOS rules then OTR drivers. What I am getting at is Toyota's post seems more like a recruiter to me, but that is the way I am reading his post. The money is good but he will work his butt off to earn it and $90 to $100 grand driving in the oil field right from the start in the south, don't think so. You have to go and work in Montana and North Dakota and survive the conditions up their to make that kind of money. I know one oil field tank outfit in North Dakota paying $26 an hour plus a room to sleep when you are off duty because their is no housing. Oilfield trucking a whole different ball game. I would like to know how they are paying you because each company is different, some pay by the barrell and some pay by the hour. If it is such a good deal and you want us to jump on board who is the company?

10. MoneyCat

MoneyCat Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2006
    West Texas
    keep us posted toyotaguy30, I'm certainly interested :biggrin_255:

are you talking about key energy services up there?

11. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    In my younger days, I spent a lot of time in the oilfields of California and West Texas working for companies such as NOWSCO (defunct) and BJ Services. Oilfield work is anything BUT "clean and easy". Loading crude from tanks off some dirt road not fit for an ATV, in the dark, sometimes with rattlesnakes under or near the tanks. Extremely long hours and fatigue were routine as were over weight loads. The money was OK even back then, but nobody gives you "nothing for nothing"..You will earn every dime of it.

Big John and MoneyCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.