Great jobs in Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by TheBreeze, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    No, you can't always take enough off . . . you can only go so far! Unless you're at home with the curtains closed!:biggrin_2559:

My problem with the cold weather is there is nothing form me to do in the winter. At least if it's hot weather, you can still do stuff, just shift activities to the early morning or evening when it's not as beastly. With the cold stuff, I just want to hibernate until spring.:yes2557:

Big Red Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Red

Big Red Lonestar

Nov 11, 2007

Tutle & Tutle, Flex Frac, D&T.

There's a few......good luck.......finding the phone #s is on you.

4. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    I too am a native Texan and the summer heat just about kills me. It's the humidity plus heat. I find the hotter temps in AZ easier due to the lack of humidity. However......if I could find a job in Texas I do believe I'd return. My heart will always yearn for Texas.

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  5. quarterhorse07

quarterhorse07 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2011
    jasper texas
    all you have to do is go get you a book from the state your in, study it go take the written tests pass them, then get you a tractor and trailer like what you are going to drive, take the test pass it, and you get a cdl, thats all there is to it you dont have to do any thing else, you can addd hazmat and doubles and triples to as well just pass the tests, wish you well, quarterhorse, jasper texas

6. quarterhorse07

quarterhorse07 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2011
    jasper texas
    hi, do you happen to know any companies that hire owner operators, i want to haul crude oil, but not in the company trucks, thks for any help, ive been hauling equipment in oklahoma, but would like to be closer to southeast texas i own a ranch here, thanks much larry

7. Svoray

Svoray Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Texas
    Hello, I can't name any companies off hand but I ran across a couple here in the Midland/Odessa area looking for owner/operators. I would check out the CDL job section for my area on the Indeed site or Craigs list. There is a lot of companies in the area looking for company drivers as well...even got signs hanging on their fences saying "CDLs Wanted."

As for me, I found a job driving a bobtail delivering fuel to rig locations. Since this is a class B set up, their talking about moving me to the bigger transport trucks since I have a Class A. Just have to finish my first 90 days and do a good job.

8. Lima

Lima Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2011
    fort worth texas
    all you have to do is take the written test at dps, then pass the driving test.

9. br38821

br38821 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2011
    amory,ms
    taylorlogistics.com

10. Svoray

Svoray Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Texas
    This although locating a truck to test in could prove challenging. I would suggest going to school my self. That is what I did and we spent a week on written test work, week on basic moves like straight backing/parking, week shifting, and a week on driving. Then the school let us use the same truck for testing at the DPS.

11. hard times

hard times Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2011
    lafayette la.
    Muleskinner is right, been in the oilfield all my life. Okla, Texas panhandle, east west south, Louisana, New Mexico. It is BOOM & BUST alot of money to be made but I never bought a house on a 20 year note. Eight years is the best I saw in one spot, again politics.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.