Gun control is not the American way!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Moose Holland, Jun 3, 2022.

1. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    Haha thanks for the list of redundant fallacies.

Come on now you're all serious?

Everybody knows open ended insults are a bat signal for senseless debates.

You called and I came, now all of a sudden you don't have time for a twit? False advertisement...

cuzzin it and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Sure you can. You've reduced the crux of gun control to the finite point of open carry. People are on your side only seek to cultivate those with weak minds.

I've not leveled any personal attacks at you either, so please don't get upset because there are many of us that see through your vail of nonsense. I never felt like you were calling me anything until your last post.

You seem to be stuck on climate change now. Aren't the nazi's going to feel left out?

And there's no time limit set for you to provide a single link or real example to back your point.

4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Sometimes i regret not being able to Thank a post twice.

Crude Truckin' and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. snowman1980

snowman1980 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Boise Idaho
    Whatever dude.

6. any name you wish

any name you wish Light Load Member

May 13, 2021
    It's interesting that you say that freedom is not a basic right, as if we must earn it.
    So basically you are saying that the very same law that establishes our government is usable when administering actions against people, but not usable when enforcing rights. It's the same document that does both. You want to cherry-pick when the same source of law is enforced, and when it isn't. These are the words of a tyrant.
    No, rights are laws, just as police powers are laws. Neither can nullify the other because they both come from the same authority: the Constitution. If there are no rights, then the police also have no power. States also have rights, and sometimes local governments do. All come from the same documents and no civilization can tolerate picking and choosing which laws are enforced and which aren't.
    There is a way that governments are allowed to operate. They must follow the law and honor rights as part of that way. If this isn't done, they will not have the ability to enforce a law, and a case will be thrown out of court.
    You made the ingenious observation that the world is not a perfect place. Kudos to your perceptive abilities. I wouldn't want a perfect world. It would be hell in its boredom and lack of purpose. Yes, at times criminals get away with crimes and abuse rights. Police do too. Governments are the second-largest killers of people in all history. We're watching Ukraine break many Russian laws right now. This stuff happens all the time. Just because something is a law does not mean it's in mankind's best interest.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN

That ain't what I meant.

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm sure if concealed carry was mandatory without a permit they would be doing it. Refusing to give them a concealed carry permit or the right to conceal a weapon forces them to open carry against their will.

Crude Truckin' and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.