Gun control is not the American way!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Moose Holland, Jun 3, 2022.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    1. Most who open carry that i have talked with, say they do so for
    Much faster draw. I time my practice and inside waist is a full second to 1.5 seconds with me. Which leads me to no 2
    2. Size, a revolver is wide a bulky inside waist band. A 9 or 10 inch long semi auto is as well and weight is easier on outside of pants or skirt (if female or kinda weird) which leads me to
    3. Comfort. Many people prefer to wear outside clothing. Very few people actually do it to scare others that fear of firearms.
    But there are persons who them....
    I understand that somewhat...
    But Guns kill people, just like Spoons make people fat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Look up images of "open carry"

Now, run through your mental filter for people that are reasonable nice human beings that are ammenable to conversationsthat explicitly exclude politics and religion. Are any of those people in the pictures still there?

In my experience, the answer is absolutely and categorically NO. these are people which i prefer to not associate with and certainly can do without ever encountering.

If they were denied a concealed carry, is there perhaps a reason for that? Is it easily linkable to the eliminating factors I mentioned above? If so, I'm also fine with them being denied a ccw.

As it is, ccw permit holders are the least indicted, least violent, most responsible, lowest accidental discharge etc etc etc firearms owning group. Sit and think on that. THAT should tell you WHY an open carry twit deserves to be called a twit.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Guaranteed those open carry folks have never applied for a conceal carry, and if it's their right, so be it. So they're not open carrying because they were denied a CCP.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'll take it over DS's who characterize law abiding citizens as "twits".

5. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Is your contention that no law abiding citizen ISNT a twit?

Or that at the least, some groups of people are not most represented by their most upstanding members, but rather their least appealing?

6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I know you just want to argue, so go ahead. Your reference here
    makes the assumption they were denied a CCP. I would say that's 100% BS, as I stated above.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    Well by golly you go find an open carry man and tell him that.

Let us know how it goes.

8. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    You dont get to say its MY contention when Im taking someone elses statement **as if it were true** you deliberately omitted a very important IF on the beginning of that question, and it was directly in response to THIS persons statement, relevant part between stars. Context matters.

9. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    This is a tacit admission that open carry people likely lack the braincells to not escalate, and are more likely to be belligerent.

Why are you making my point for me as if it were disproving my contention?

10. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Fairly good Troll isnt he ?

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Don't know if they're law abiding or not, I can tell you there's definitely a few twits flapping their gums here though.

TexasRiverRat and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.