GVW with loaded trailer

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 4vmach1, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    It's pretty hard to be over on the trailer.

x1Heavy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Drivers used to be presented with trucking weight problems to see if they comprehend federal and state (In those days) weight challenges.

If you have a driver that does not understand anything and racks up tickets, fire him. IF he wont take instruction on weights.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You just got a citation?

Wow

you should have had the truck oos and the excess weight removed.

If you have a driver who can't do simple math, which is part of his/her job, get another driver.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    x1Heavy and 4vmach1 Thank this.
  6. 4vmach1

4vmach1 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    There is no need for you to insult me or my company. I'm here on the forums helping people nationwide with their truck issues and repairs and i run a small 3 truck business and end of the day my drivers are just as human as you are and make mistakes once in a while or maybe run 10 minutes late on a drop or pick. Don't make it seem like you're running your #### perfect every single minute of your driving days.

clausland Thanks this.
  7. 4vmach1

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    All he did is slide the tandem axles on the trailer and the problem was corrected.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Well too many clueless folks are out here buying trucks, putting clueless people in them to drive , which in turn has been driving the industry, rates and everything to do with trucking deep into the ground the past few years.

Asking if a load needs to be scaled as part of a Pre-trip inspection is a head scratcher.

Basic stuff someone who drives a truck should know. Without a doubt something that a small fleet owner should know.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  9. 4vmach1

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    If i was a clueless person i wouldn't even attempt on buying trucks. If i never knew how to fix trucks the CORRECT way how they should be diagnosed and fixed then i wouldn't do what i do or even attempt to move freight and build my great contacts without even needing a load board. Please do me a favor and just carry on with your life and stop trying to insult me because i asked 1 simple question that i couldn't find in my FMCSA handbook to present it over to my robot driver who's been working for me for over a year and happened to malfunction for the first time. I did not ask if the load needs to be weighted as a pre inspection that is very obvious Captain if you go back and read what i wrote i asked for the penal code or the DOT code if it did exist or not.

Oh and if this helps you feel better or worse....In 2018, the shortage of truck drivers was 60,800, which is a record high and up more than 10,000 from the prior year. In 2019, we expect the shortage to decrease to 59,500.

Imagine there were 50,500 more trucks running...... the "rates" would piss you off even more. Maybe you should learn to talk more respectfully and build some contacts with direct shippers and such so you get the rates you need without using a ######## load board ;)

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Now your talking about a driver shortage? :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

Have a wonderful night. I cant stoop to your level.

Mark E7 Thanks this.
  11. 4vmach1

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    You have a wonderful life yourself...... Billy ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.