Gypsum-- Shoals In?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Dark_Majesty_06, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Hello.

Anyone have any positive, negative or neutral experience with this company? They have a pretty strong pay grade and good benefits(well, better than the 0 benefits I have now).
    I'm coming as as experienced but not flatbed experienced. It worried me that the recruiter told me I would have to take a series of tests at the end of the 2 week orientation.
    I'm not sure how in depth those test are or what to expect. I know how to drive, obviously...but I kinda feel like I'm back in school the way the recruiter was talking.
    Plus, it does worry me about a company that takes on new to the industry truck drivers. Just for the fact of dropped high trailers, flat tires left, missing equipment.
    I'm not saying that all new drivers are like that but it does raise concern. So I just want any info that you all can provide.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carolina101

carolina101 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I work for Gypsum Express and love it. It's a great company with personal relationships and not truck numbers. As for the drop high trailors and flat tires your gonna have that at any company your gonna work for,it's not just the new drivers that do it. The training program was just revamped to kinda weed out the 1 load and go driver's just looking for some experience so they can move on. Good luck with it.
    Original Redneck, Danville,VA

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  4. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Thanks for the reply. How do you do on weekly miles? Do they really have 75% of freight pre-loaded and pre-tarped? Do you get home on weekends and holidays, as promised?

5. revin57

revin57 Light Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    I loaded there a few weeks ago, nice ppl.

6. MPGee85

MPGee85 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I have had good xp with them so far, good pay

7. Skater

Skater Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    I used to run into this guys a lot. Always friendly. Mostly run drywall out of Georgetown and Mt Holly. And as stated above, you're gonna have high trailers at any new company. Just jump out and look before you back in

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Don't over worry about the testing. It's all load securement stuff, and the numbers are actually fairly easy to remember once you start doing it.

Flatbedders are a different breed. We know more, we do more, and we ARE the sexy cool kids at the table!

9. DDlighttruck

DDlighttruck Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Sexy?!? Lol

10. Skater

Skater Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Haha! Maybe in good shape but sexy I don't know about

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.