H & M Trucking Van Division

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bro_Dave, Jan 4, 2021.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Sounds like they are listening now .
    Up until 2012 h@m was the place to be but they got complacent towards the drivers and OOs to the point that nobody in omaha would work for em anymore and all but 3 of the senior drivers quit .
    I'll never be back but glad things are better now and have good memories of the 1st 3 years .

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    1. Where do you guys fuel at and are your fuel solutions "forced" or do you get to choose where you fuel as long as it's at the approved fueling chain(s)?

2. You said starting pay is $0.49 CPM what does the pay top out at? $0.01 raise per year I'm assuming?

3. What about hometime, You said it varies and you stay out 3 weeks and take off 4-5 days off. But is their an official hometime policy, like stay out X amount of days and you get X amount of days off? Also, if you get home in the early AM hours like 2:00am or maybe late morning like 11:00am, does that count as a day off of hometime? I'de hope not but just checking. The company I'm with now is very good about even if you work only 30 minutes of one day, that day will not count as a day of hometime.

4. How are miles paid, is it practical miles?

5. Are the 5 Burroughs of NYC mandatory or can you refuse them?

6. Do they reimburse for paid parking a certain of times per month if they're making you run the Northeast regularly?

7. You said they don't pay for the Indiana toll roads. Do they have I-pass and EZ pass, what tolls do they specifically cover? And it's not reimbursement for tolls, they have the actual passes, right? If they make you go somewhere like Indiana where you said they don't pay for the toll roads, they'll pay you the routed miles to go around the tolls right?

8. What would you say the percentage of live loads versus drop and hooks are? 50/50? 75/25?

9. How new is the equipment and how often do they trade out their trucks (every 500k miles or every 4-5 years, something like that?)? You said most trucks have APU's/fridges, are there certain trucks that don't have an APU or fridge? Do the trucks have inverters and if not will the mechanics install one for you before you get your own truck after orientation (I would need an inverter installed pretty much immediately my laptop and microwave are essential).

10. Do they run all 48 states you said they hire out of 48 but do they have freight in all 48? Do you go out West a lot?

Seems like a great company. The only downside from what I can see is the Northeast. Parking is just terrible up there it's the worst region in the country for truck parking.

4. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    H&M was always in my list of places if I wanted to venture out. But when that time came, they fell off my list when they told me they do not offer health insurance for spouses

Bro_Dave Thanks this.
  5. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I see you have a lot of questions. I will try to answer what I can. To anyone else who has questions I would say to talk to recruiting and I will be happy to verify what they tell you. I think they are straight shooters and I think I saw somewhere that recruiters are available 24/7.

1. They use fuel solutions and want you to fuel where they tell you. $0.01 of the monthly bonus is tied to that. The fuel card will work anywhere. I have adjusted to this and it doesn't bother me as I have learned how to work the system. I'm pretty familiar with fuel solutions as other companies I have worked for used it. So the stops are mostly Pilot, TA, and Loves.
    2. Starting pay $0.49 with half cent raise every year tops out at $0.53 I believe.
    3. Hometime can vary based on where you live. Midwest based drivers are home every other weekend on Friday and leave Monday so that's 2 weeks out 2 days off. My recruiter told me 3 weeks out and 4-5 days off. After I was hired I contacted my recruiter to clarify the hometime policy and she said it was up to operations. I contacted dispatch and he said I could stay out 3 weeks and take 4 days off if I wanted. I noticed on their Google reviews someone stated "sometimes hometime is more than you can afford."
    So probably most guys would stay out 2 weekends go home Friday and Leave Tuesday. I could extend that and say go home Thursday and leave Tuesday. If I did that I would technically be gone 2 weeks and 2 days (16 days total).
    You request hometime on the Omnitracs so you control it. The day you request to be home they get you home by midnight and you are supposed to be ready at 8 am on Return date.
    4. Paid Practical miles.
    5. Not sure about NYC.
    6. No paid parking. I haven't seen a lot of Northeast.
    7. They have I Pass EZPass and PrePass. Seems to cover just about everything. If there is a run from Omaha to Hagerstown MD they will most likely route you through Ft Wayne and pay you the miles.
    8. I would say it's less than 50% drop and hook.
    9. Equipment is traded every 3-4 years at around 500,000 miles. All trucks have APU, inverter, and Fridge. SiriusXm Radio and TV mount but I think the shop has to mount the TV.
    10. Run all 48 states. They do run out West. In September I went to Phoenix and in January I went to LA so I guess I go out West every few months.

BeHereNow97, Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  6. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
  7. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    So I was having some issues with my headlights and they routed me back up to Omaha. Apparently they wanted to check out the wiring. They offered me a brand new truck and I accepted.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    So I am no longer a member of the White Volvo Mafia.

pagan22 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    I got some good news today. The operations team shortened up hometime in certain regions of the country and now my state is a 2 week state. So I can go home every other weekend.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    That is some crazy stuff right there. Hope everyone is safe. Screenshot_20210215-144306_Maps.jpg

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. JE2TS

JE2TS Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2021
    Still @ H&M? If so, still liking it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.