H & M Trucking Van Division

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bro_Dave, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I am no longer with them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Why not?

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Jmcdaniel0

Jmcdaniel0 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2017
    I am looking at this company, why did you leave? Have they had any pay increases that you are aware.

5. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    I was having trouble staying out for 3 weeks at a time so I asked my dispatcher if I could get home more often. He said no that's all they had. I then told him "Well, if I can't get home more often then I'll probably just go back to my old job," Which I don't think he believed me.
    About that time a job popped up in town and I applied. About the same time I got a Google ad on my phone from H&M Trucking saying they had new home time options.
    I called re recruiting and they said it was true for Georgia and I could now go home every other weekend. My dispatcher discouraged it because he said it would hurt my pay.
    I had to choose between the jobs and it was a very tough decision. I actually was stressed out about it (I'm kinda wondering if as we get older it's harder to deal with stress). After encouragement from my family I decided to take the other job and left.

pagan22 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    I do believe the starting pay has gone up. Contact recruiting. They actually are honest folks to deal with and will be a good source of information.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. Jmcdaniel0

Sep 29, 2017
    so if I don’t mind staying out, these guys are pretty solid?

I understand not wanting to stay out like that, it’s tough on my family too.

8. Bro_Dave

Nov 5, 2013
    Awesome shop. Top-notch equipment. Great people Great freight. Pay was good. It's a good carrier. They have forced routing and fueling. People do seem to toe the company line there. The Kool-Aid is strong.
    Insurance was good for me as I'm single and in good health. Someone said they don't have family coverage but you'll need to verify that.

9. Jmcdaniel0

Sep 29, 2017
    I’m not worried about insurance, my family has tri are, so for me, it’s all about working at a good carrier, make a fair wage, and not hate my job.

the company I am at now does forced fuel routing, restrictions on toll roads, and driver facing cameras.

10. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Can you please let me know the company by private message, so I can put them on my avoid list?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.