H.O. Wolding is a GREAT company!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Grabbin-Gears, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Recruiters tag teaming like this...COOL! Except the post is so dumb, scripted and transparent it only scores a D- for effort.
    It has to be the same recuiter with 2 logins. I have only heard very bad things about this company which is probably why the recruiters have dropped to this lavel of PR. GO BLUE & ORANGE !!!!!

At my company the pay ranges from $14,000 to $785,000. The janitor makes the 14K and the CEO makes the 785K.

rocknroll81 and Meganleigh Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Southern NH
    I resent being called a recuiter.
    I am just a company driver...been driving since January.
    Compared to the other folks I talk to at other starter companies I relize how fortunate I am. Nuff said.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ummm, Hi Zippy, I was talking about 'Grabbin-Gears' and 'Blue & Orange'
    Happy its working out for you, Nuff said, back at ya.

5. PineyRider

PineyRider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Williamstown NJ
    Zippy, It did sound like a good company. It was my first choice, but for whatever reason they declined the application. Maybe they're looking for younger drivers?? I don't know what the hiring credentials are in trucking.

6. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Southern NH
    Ok... thanks.
    Who gets a call back is kinda random...they have lots of apps and hire just a few per month..
    seems widely varried...slight preferance to ex-military and it seems prior jobs that may have involved a bit of travel...
    Good luck!
    Imo finding the right type of corporate culture is important...big companies tend to be strictly. Rule Based and inflexable....smaller ones more judgement based.

PineyRider Thanks this.
  7. Mdbluecrab

Mdbluecrab <b>Crusty Crab</b>

Feb 4, 2010
    White Plains, Maryland
    Zippy, you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, those "big companies" " are about the only trucking companies that will hire a student/graduate driver. The smaller companies are looking for experienced drivers and don't have the people, time, equipment or money to invest in training.

8. GoPackGo77

GoPackGo77 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    Hello all, starting school next Monday the 12th & any info on HOW would be much appreciated, especially from HOW drivers.

9. GoPackGo77

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    Well, finish up CDL school at ProDrive next Friday, take my road test the following week & I'm flying out to Amherst on Oct. 31st for orientation that week. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

From what I've read on here and the research that I have done, this seems like a great company to get started with. I haven't heard nearly the amount of negative posts as other starter companies & everyone that I have dealt with (both drivers & recruiters) have been most helpful.

I will try and keep my experience updated as much as possible. Be safe out there.

10. Rapid_BK

Rapid_BK Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Central Wisconsin
    I've been with H.O. Wolding since January also, good company for someone fresh out of school. I live within an hour of Amherst and am usually asked by Thursday every week if I want to run or go home for the weekend. Also was able to take 6 days off (no pay) for an annual event and it was no issue. Been averaging 2300-2800 miles per week but I do talk to other drivers that are seeing less. Obviously like all companies they still can piss me off with some things but that's trucking. As for pay it's not bad, $.30 a mile after training, and I do know drivers there that make $75000 + but they have been with them 15+ years , run a dedicated lane, run 3000+ miles a week, and don't take much vacation to reach all the bonuses.............

Rapid Rider

GoPackGo77 Thanks this.
  11. GoPackGo77

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    That's great to hear BK. They definitely seem like the best fit for me, and from what I have read and heard, there is not nearly the amount of negatives as other companies. I know that no company is perfect, but they seem like a real good company to drive for where you are a name & not a number (please correct me if I am wrong). I plan on running as hard as I can as I have no family to support & go home to every week.

BK, I was wondering if you (or any other drivers) knew how often I could get to the SoCal area? My fiance lives in SoCal & I see that it is one of HOW's "power lanes" & was wondering if once a month is possible?

Road test is set for the 28th of this month. I'm champing at the bit to get going.

Thanks in advance, be safe out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.