H.O. Wolding is a GREAT company!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Grabbin-Gears, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Bigdipper, I know a couple of guys that run in FL but I can't say for sure as I don't run that way a whole lot but we do have a lot of freight in the SE. Hopefully you can get on with them, I have been treated well and most guys I talk to say the same, but they are pretty strict with their hiring standards. All the better if you get hired as it's one of the better starter companies out there. Consistent freight with an excellent safety record bodes well for anyone. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

As for me, I'm sitting in Aberdeen, SD already unloaded, just finishing up my 10. Should be a fun night, calling for some severe weather up this way. Safe travels everyone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    Thanks, Weeble............I have no misdemeanors, felonies or DMV violations for 10 years, retired after 30 years with the same company, got my DOT physical passed.........so I would be
    surprised if they turn me down for some reason......sometimes they don't need a reason, it's their call. Their "hiring" area covers North Florida, so we'll see where this goes, I'd love to get on with them.
    Do you do a lot of loading and unloading? What truck do you have?
    Good Luck and safe driving out there!

4. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Then I wouldn't see why they wouldn't hire you on. It's a great place for a rookie to start and a lot of guys have been here for a while so it's not a typical starter company.

I have only touched one load and that was a multiple pickup shoe load out in California where the first stop loaded it wrong so I helped restack the load to expedite things, but that's it.

I drive an '03 Columbia, one of the older trucks but I don't mind because it runs well and knock on would have only had minor issues.

Gotta run, got my load heading from Hull, IA to Elroy, WI.

bigdipper Thanks this.
  5. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Getting unloaded in Elroy, WI this morning. I love taking those winding and twisting back roads. After this I'm headed down to Madison to pick up a scrap load to take to the yard, need to get my PM done. Since Friday, that will put me around 2900 miles for this week's pay. Hopefully I can get an Arizona load out of Wisconsin, need to see my better half before the 4th.

Kutina Thanks this.
  6. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    My truck was PM'D today. Another good thing about Wolding is that they take great care of the equipment. Took a load out of the yard to Minneapolis that delivers in the morning and then I pick up a two stopper in Maple Grove heading to Appleton WI which will put me at around 3500 paid miles for the week. From Appleton I will be picking up a load heading down to Bellemont, AZ. A nice little 1800 mile load to start off next week. Be safe out there.

7. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Delivered early this morning in Minneapolis, picked up my load in Maple Grove, MN that had a stop in Waupaca, WI and one in Appleton, WI. Dropped off my empty in Neenah, WI and picked up my load going to Bellemont, AZ at the yard where I'm getting my 10 in. Heading out early in the morning, need to start my reset in Cali ASAP so I can get home for the 4th. This should be a fun 10 days.

Kutina Thanks this.
  8. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Here I sit with the pup at the Pilot in Kearney, MO. I'll be getting about 8 hours back at midnight. If all goes well I'll be in Bellemont Monday morning. Here are my miles for the last pay period I meant to keep track of the MT miles but they all pay the same anyway.

6/15-6/18: 2205 mi
    6/18-6/19: 605 mi
    6/19------: 210 mi
    6/20-6/21: 232 mi
    6/21-6/22: 325 mi

That makes for 3577 paid miles plus $20 in stop pay. All of those miles were Friday to Friday. I am very happy with my choice in company. Have a great weekend everybody.

Kutina Thanks this.
  9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    what is the avg age of the fleet . Looks like old tired trucks to me. No apu's inverters fridge
    so what is so great?

10. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    I would say the average age is around 6 years, a lot of older trucks are being sold as they just bought 50+ New Cascadia's and about a 100 or so new trailers. When all of the older trucks are sold I would say the average age would then probably be around 4. Some of the trucks do have APU's but they let you idle if need be if you don't have one. Most trucks have opti-idle and bunk heaters. I have one of the older trucks but I don't want to part with it as it's reliable which means no lost money due to down time. I have my 12V cooler which is all I need because the only time I'm sitting is for a 10 or my home time. Very rarely do I wait for a PP. It's a very laid back place to work and it fits my needs and may not fit others. I'm not saying that this place is for everyone, only stating my experience good and bad. So far I really don't have anything bad to say. In my first year, I'm on pace to gross $55k which from what I've read on here is unlikely.

To sum it up, HOW is a very well run & organized company. It's a very straight forward and down to earth place to work.

Kutina and bigdipper Thank this.
  11. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Ran out of hours in Guymon, OK. Truck will be idling today as it's 105 and climbing here in the panhandle. Get 13 back at midnite, then off to Bellemont. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Kutina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.