H.O. Wolding is a GREAT company!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Grabbin-Gears, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Delivered load in Bellemont this morning and picked up load going to Livermore, CA for Wednesday morning. From there I'm picking up a load of scrap paper going to Flagstaff, AZ. I'll take a reset in SoCal to spend time with the lady before I make my way to the east coast.

Was also told by my dispatcher that I got the big bonus. Don't mind an extra $1500+ at all. It's nice to know that hard work is rewarded.

Kutina Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    AWWWWWW......just got some bad news today........
    DIRECTOR of Recruiting sez they're not hiring in Florida right now, she said check back in 6 months, which I will!

4. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Sorry to hear that dipper. I personally feel like they're worth the wait but if you don't have that kind of time, I've heard Epes is pretty good as well. Don't know if they hire out of Florida or not but I know they are based out of North Carolina and they run southeast pretty heavy. Best of luck to you wherever you decide to go during this process.

5. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
  6. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Also, good thing I ran out of hours when I did yesterday because US54 was shut down just present Guymon because two trains collided head on. Drove by the aftermath this morning and it sure did not look pretty.

7. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
  8. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    At the TA in Livingston, CA for the night. Hopefully they will take me early at US Foods in Livermore since I only have half a trailer, but as with all food service places, I'm not gonna hold my breath. Once I get this load off the trailer it will be up to Berkeley to pick up my scrap load headed to Flagstaff. Looks like it will be another 3000+ mi. week before I head east.

Kutina Thanks this.
  9. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    My first truck driving job ...was with HOW.....way back in 1993......Back when Chris Wolding was still in school , working the main gate on weekends......It wasnt a bad company...Had a great dispatcher name Kara...This was when all the trucks there were spring ride cabovers.....HOW gave me my start in trucking...

Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  10. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Delivered my load at US Foods yesterday morning...go thing I didn't hold my breath, only took them 3 hours to unload 1/2 a trailer. After that I made my way up to Berkeley. This city is definitely not made for 70' vehicles. As I'm approaching the street, or should I say alley, I need to take low and behold they are doing road work right on the corner of it. So I couldn't make the left onto it without taking out the Jersey wall so I had to make three spacious right hand turns so that I could go down this street. When I get there, it turns out that I'm not taking a load of scrap paper at all but rather taking 5 pallets of glue going to the SCA in Bellemont, AZ. That made going up the Angeles Mountains a lot more fun being under 10K. Now I'm taking my reset here with my girlfriend and it will back on the road Friday morning to deliver in Bellemont and then head off to Wisconsin.

Kutina Thanks this.
  11. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Dropped my load of glue of at Bellemont and took an MT from there over to Purina in Flagstaff. Now I'm sitting at Little America in Flagstaff waiting for a driver to bring a load from CA heading to the Menard's DC in Eau Claire, WI. From there I will head over to the Georgia Pacific in Green Bay to take a load to the Wally World DC in Lewiston, ME for the 4th. It's gonna be tight but it will make for another 3000+ mi. week and I'll be taking the rest of the week off. All of these loads will be D&H which makes it a whole bunch easier and it's nice having my week already planned out so all I have to do is drive and not worry about whether I have a load or not. Just east bound and down.Will post this week's miles tomorrow but not including MT miles I will have 3250 for this pay period and next week's should be around the same. Be safe all.

Kutina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.