H.O. Wolding is a TERRIBLE company!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hartleyfamily, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hartleyfamily

Hartleyfamily Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    He has some misgivings about reefer work. I guess he is going to go with Swift. I'll keep you guys updated. Be careful if anyone goes with H.O. Wolding!

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jason George

Jason George Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Yankton, SD
    Another reason not to drive for this company is they are a enemy of freedom. They want to slow all trucks, even O/Os with their own trucks, down to 65 or 70. Didn't buy my truck so somebody could tell me how fast it can go. Hope this company goes under.

4. Hartleyfamily

Hartleyfamily Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2011
    TN
    I couldn't agree with you more Jason George. This company governs their trucks, but I personally have never heard of a governed truck for an O/O.
    I do know from my speaking with my husband that this company seems to operate differently from other trucking companies. They dont even have their training program organized. Also, after they do the road training, they bring you back in for a week. My husband sat for days at a time waiting for them to figure out what they were going to do with him. Time is money!!! Their safety director is the worst and will let someone go just because he "doesnt like them". Hire and fire seems to be their mantra!

5. Bigbang

Bigbang Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I have to agree with some of the posts. Terry Littleton - Director of Safety and his Sidekick Jon Kirsling the 2 Safety Puppets @ Wolding. I believe they are there just there to piss you off. There stupid unprofessional remarks are well known with the Drivers. By the way Jon is one of the Family Members so he can do much what he wants.
    Everyone else treated me very nice.
    By the way - Herb Wolding is now 100 and the rumors say when he is gone the Company will be sold to Roehl and Marc Wolding opens up his own Freight Brokerage. Rumors ???

6. Professor F

Professor F Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I now all about that....They can get rid of him for any reason BUT if they give a reason that would be contrary to the law or even a violation of their own company policy, it can come back to bite them (i.e. a long term employee who gets canned for a frivolous violation). I've fought in court (in administrative court you don't need to be an attorney) and won several unemployment cases for drivers.

7. starvintrucker

starvintrucker Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Maverick has refers too, I believe?

8. UnixNerd

UnixNerd Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2018
    There's more than one way for a self insured carrier to have a good safety record.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    To clarify Cervical Disk is the C section of Human Spines generally the top disk number one through to the 6th Disk in your neck below your skull. That group is generally known as a command group because without it if broken it will destroy our ability to continue living by stopping heart, lungs etc.

In children Vertabrae is about 85% water. When they hit adult hood, the disks dry out slowly and pernamently. If they live long enough they lose the shock pads from impact etc between them. That is the degenerative part. Eventually the discs themselves press on nerves and create problems in the 30's 40's and 50's Anything else such as Osteo Arthritis only and chronically requires pain management among other possible medical treatments where and when necessary.

If it breaks down enough over time (And usually does) the result is broken bones that will no longer be able to source the minerals and other water based things needed to heal. That leads to disability really fast. Followed by assisted living with aides and ultimately death through a complication elsewhere.

After a careful thought, this military talk should not even be a part of this husband's papers. If the company safety suits alleges that your Man falsify military service on paperwork against HOW, then the next stop should be the State Labor Board to review everything and potentially go after HOW in court formally with that particular safety suit as a defendant named next to the company that alleges something that does not exist.

This assumes there is nothing military anywhere in your Husband's life. The closest I can think of is when I was taken to the Post Office at my 18th birthday to register for the Selective Service which was a rite of passage in those days and a database of all fighting age people living in the USA at that time to be called up should there be god forbid all out war requiring a draft call across our Society.

If someone can type, they can use a computer. Thus they can use the internet. It's easy. If the person knows how to use a smart phone, they know how to use a old fashioned computer tied to the internet at home or the library.

I don't mind spouses talking about things online related to trucking. But my first and most important thought is that if the driver himself is so wronged by HOW with the false allegations of something that never existed he would be all over TTR here writing until a harvest moon a stack of posts about how is it possible for a company to claim something done wrong against a employee that never did anything at all in the first place.

As far as the nickel and diming people inside the company, I am not surprised. I would not worry so much about greyhoud during a winter storm. Ive ridden a few in a few myself in my lifetime. (A tip, if you are going to seek orientation anywhere in the south and you see Atlanta city buses slide sideways downhill on ice on the evening news, don't bother going on greyhound to the south that day...)

A CDL is a powerful thing to possess. You will need to keep up the medical side as well. They are all tied together these days.

Im going to ask a pointed question about why not have your husband run for your father in law's california boom express. You don't need to move to california to do this work. He can fly out there and do the work for a while say 3 months and come home for time off with you once there is a pile of money accumulated in the bank.

You will find that most trucking has a price in some way that is paid by everyone involved in it long enough.

Finally but not last. You cannot allow your husband or anyone including yourself to be hung up on the hook of HOW. It's over, excepting the checking with State Labor board with the potential case against the particular safety man and company that alleges some sort of fraud which may or may not exist at all. If it does not exist then you two potentially could be the new owners of HOW by the time you get through with them in court.

I don't think there is any suit that stupid to open his or her mouth directly to someone being fired to say more than what must be said.

I recognize that this probably may be a difficult time. I was fired from a company two weeks before I got married. It was a interesting situation believe it or not. But we made it work 20 years ago. That was probably the best thing that ever happened to me in that year. I could either drive or I could go courting. Not both. SO I went courting alot. Company did not like that too much. It's silly now to look back on that whole sorry episode now that company is no longer in business. Owner is still young with good people, He'll get into something else that will make them a good living.

I remind you that if a door is closed in your face in life, it might be God that closed and sealed it. Who are you to keep digging, scratching and prying at it to get it open again a crack against His will. This is a rhetorical question and one designed to help soothe your frayed nerves and feelings so you can decide what to do now with all of this time available to you two and move forward.

But again, if a company dared to allegate a fraud by proxy or stolen valor with a application filled with military service that does not exist and left themselves wide open to a punitive lawsuit via the State Labor Board, particular from your Husband who apparently was fired for it (Again something that appears not to exist) you two will have literally a golden ticket to own HOW and the proceeds of that suit who fired him.

In the Pentagon sits Manpower Headquarters, for example of the entire United States Marine Corps. Anyone who has ever been a Marine or even made it part of the way through training to become one (Unless discharged for bedwetting COG etc) will be contained within the records of Manpower HQ. This includes all living and dead dating back to our Founding several centuries ago. Employers know really fast if a DD214 and associated papers of military service is valid or not.

Finally I leave you with this thought.

Sometimes people within a trucking company are not nice as we would like them to be. I try to be nice myself. But it's difficult sometimes. Sometimes a company will go overboard to make sure that a fired person will never work in that segment of trucking again for a long time, if ever. (That is called blacklisting, you will need to carefully research this) and sometimes when a company completely goes out of business all together, everything good and bad goes out the window with them. Literally ancient history that is no longer verifiable. And so life continues on.

It's not the end of the world. But trucking is one of the hardest way to make 10 cents after being given a dollar to spend before taxes.

10. Snoogler

Snoogler Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Why didn't he DRIVE for his father instead of HO Wolding? You said his father owns a trucking company???

11. Snoogler

Snoogler Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    The military does not release records unless you were convicted of a felony while in service. It is impossible for anybody to get his records otherwise. Absolutely impossible. Even the governor of your state, Trump, Hillary, Obama or anybody cannot get those records as they are tightly SEALED.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.