H&R Block for o/o taxes? any other sugg

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by holy roller, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    The thing with H & R is that it just depends on the location you use. These are a franchise, and so you can run into just about anything.

My CPA in California happened to own one of those franchises. The work he did was good, saved me a bunch of money over the years, and kept me out of trouble.

However, the H & R where I live now, leaves a lot to be desired. Now I've never been an O/O with trucking, but I have owned or partnered in a couple of small businesses.

Just depending on the luck of the draw with H & R can be a real problem. If you are a business person, get yourself set up with a CPA, preferably one that has a bit of a staff to back him up. It might cost you a bit more than you think it should, but in the long run, it will likely save you big bucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. michiganflatbedder

michiganflatbedder Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Garden City, MI
    As a previous preparer at H&R, find a year round office in your area. Ask for the office manager who has the most experience and tax knowledge.

You can get his/hers phone number and call with questions throughout the year and they can also meet you to file your quarterly's. They oversee the less experienced preparers, and have access to office all year.

Using them, you have to keep track of your "books" and bring your info to them and they will prepare your taxes.

But... They are usually not up on truck specific deductions, or operating costs.

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I use this guy. he is a friend of 30 years. Tighter than the paper on the wall with the money! He is also an owner operator.

www. 1040.com/crandallstaxservice tell him I sent you! He did my self employed taxes for the past 7 years.

5. Accountingfortruckers

Accountingfortruckers Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2010
    New Haven, IN
    Whether you go to H&R block or any place, it's up to you to have good records. They can only use the information you provide.

If you've been good about keeping your receipts, and even better at keeping a total of your business expenses, it makes their job easier, and you're probably do better on your taxes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.