H&R Transport

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Rat Fink, Apr 17, 2009.

1. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Go work in the oil feilds. Southern Manitoba seems to be booming.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Manwithnoname

Manwithnoname Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Close to Lethbridge
    I met H&R Transport, I met for 5 minutes to David Foder and Lyndon too, I could see David was talking to my friend, he is driving for them, the treatment was very good, just I needed less than 1 minutes to realize that David Foder is a great person, kind, He was very very friendly with my friend.

I have understood that they care and value their professionals, I think this is very important for one driver, or at least for me.

Don´t forget that the companies are made by the workers, not by the owners, and H&R is a good company, because there is good people inside. Never mind some less miles, the important is the treatment, for who you are working, and H&R is a great family.

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    if they seemed nice then you were talking to a recruiter. haven't found out how they can open their mouths and all you hear are lies and bs, while they smile all the time.

5. Manwithnoname

Manwithnoname Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Close to Lethbridge
    and then all companies are bad? In that moment my friend was driving for them, Foder didn´t needs recruit to my friend. I could to see the treatment.
    My friend is a good driver, he works very well, and he hasnt problems with them.

I can understand that one dispatcher can f###k to one driver, assume it to the best driver, if they want they can. I can understand much things, but I can not to understand all companies are bad. If you watch in the USA forum transports you´ll see comment about all companies. In my opinion there is good and bad companies, and also there is good and bad drivers, maybe those drivers not wants driving under the rules of the companies and they are speaking in the forums.

Have a nice day! :biggrin_25519:

6. supereddy

supereddy Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I only been trucking 12 years and have had many jobs, i wont put up with the bull thats out there but H and R is in the top 2 i have worked for.... You will make alot of miles with them over 3000 a week and take home over a 1000 a week if you know what your doing out there... yes they hire from everywhere theirs a shortage of drivers and lots of work, there not that bad theres better theres worse they are what you make them out to be... You made good choice good runs, good equipment, good drivers customers not that bad... Downside anyone besides dayshift really dont have a clue whats going on stick with your day driver manager and you will not be doing bad, jus cant trust everyone behind that computer they dont know they dont care they jus want a yes to that run you have to be careful is all but they are a good company over all, its always about money and its there if you want it....

7. qtip

qtip Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2012
    calgary, ab
    I worked for bison pulling turnpikes. Calgary to Tompkins sk. Ever night. In there safety policy in there safety manual (3 day course) it says night driving is unsafe, not normal for a human, etc. In several places. Then they ask you to do a 540 mile drive where you average 50 miles an hour. Not including the hour or 2 it takes to hook up or unhooking, or wait time for your switch. (Start at 6pm finish at 8am on a good day) average money (for doing 5 8 hour days) maintenance is good for a. Company that size, yet the big. Companies just aren't for me

8. Viperedpete

Viperedpete Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2012
    OK i worked for them and when the recruiter Shawn said this was like no other company you have worked for He Was right ! This guy shoot the BS all the way and next time i get into orientation I will call um on their BS . First of all you will not receive orientation pay after 90 days and yes in his words we a lot of people who know our trucks so we know everything that goes on (seems like rats to me ) and if you get a violation at a scale you probably will get a call from him and will fire you right on the spot seems he likes to emphasis this oh and out of the 350 apps we were part of the lucky 20 lol on the last day his math dropped down to 100 apps . Get the truck apu is not workin have to speed day at TK to get it fixed Plus found the the Sticker which was from Alberta safety expired end of Nov 11 we are in Jan 12 so another day gone and truck was a mess it had to be cleaned , find out my SAT is not workin ok , so i have to call in to some people some ok but this one Sherrie well let me say this Karma will hit her when least expected. i asked for addy for a pick up and she told me to buy an atlas . They tried to get me to haul overweight i told craig no way and he tried to get me to and i reminded him NOT ON YOUR LIFE. I had also spoken to an English lad about same and when he took it up to higher brass he was chastised and given bad loads , poor guy helped out at christmas and they wouldn't get him near a terminal so he asked me for trip envelopes to get his paperwork in so he could get paid . Now with me they use PC miler which they operate postal to postal never used it that way just from start to destination and fastest way there this company says if you have a GPS in the truck you will get fired . Ok got down to your old buddy Shawn for help he will roll you for a dime i found this out the hard way i told them to stick tier job after i delivered the load and of course with all stress went to hospital to get checked out , i was told to go pickup load and bring it home or i was going to be charged for thief . Yes drivers complain about trucks being down a lot and crappy pay from what i heard from other drivers and really screwing with log books >the dispatch will use things against you as i found out as i had to call cause my SAT was messed up and not once would anyone answer my concerns once it was fixed as not to put it in writing but on the phone is another story . Listen i could go on more and you can take what i say with a grain of salt but if i take the time to sit down at the PC i hope it saves someone the BS that i went threw and PS i am not done with them YET

9. American cobblestone

American cobblestone Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    If you have the contact phone numbers for safety,most likely those numbers go to a work phone that will have "texting" capabilities.

Send your concerns via text and see what comes back. Your phone will have the record of the conversations back and forth. The texts on your phone will be irrefutable. If the company won't respond then that can be shown to bolster your case in any event.

The main goal for you is to get paid what you are owed and then get the #### out of there.

10. Viperedpete

Viperedpete Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2012
    do you think they are that stupid ?

11. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    The main goal is to get paid for all hours worked and that's not about to happen with H & R.

I've been around trucking for over 60 years and I do know about H & R, never worked for them and never will.

Most companies are clones of one another. The best dollars are in specialized trucking such as the oil patch and heavy haul.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.