Half of US adults have high blood pressure in new guidelines

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by born&raisedintheusa, Nov 14, 2017.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Most people don't realize how bad being overweight really is. Its not just physical, it effects us mentally too. I recently lost 60 lbs and the effects are amazing. Joints are hardly ever sore, rarely experience shortness of breath, my mind seems sharper, I'm much more personable and my mindset is much more positive than it used to be. I still have another 12-15 lbs to lose but its totally worth it IMO.

TallJoe, Mattflat362 and Jazz1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Many folks back pain is due to that big belly pulling on lumbar area. Kudos to those who check themselves out in a mirror and say " I am not going to suffer dinkydoo" That's when your belly sticks out further than your dinky do:)

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I always believe Yahoo News. :rolleyes: A group of physicians on a junket paid for by the drug companies get together and issue a press release, and we are supposed to believe them. Look at the thousands of negative comments below the article.
    Now it is possible that the FMCSA and the ATA would rather have skinny immigrant drivers with no experience or English skills replacing overweight Americans with 30+ years of accident free miles. Oh and the megas would save big bucks on driver pay with that one....the real reason.

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Bingo! Thank you, SH.

TallJoe and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Perhaps the trucking companies could save the extra dollars by REDUCING the pay of their senior executive and senior administrative staffs, instead of taking it from the truck drivers.
    Without the EXPERIENCED truck drivers, the trucking companies would flat out fold, completely going out of business.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    OLDSKOOLERnWV, TallJoe and shogun Thank this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Don't forget health benefits. History has shown, those overweight marshmallows gonna cost ya'. Drug testing didn't weed out all the high risk ( health wise) drivers, gotta think of something.

8. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    All this is to me is more corruption in the United States by the healthcare lobby, extracting more tests and treatment from the public by being able to classify more people as sick or needing treatment ..... US healthcare and doctors are not to be trusted, they are ONLY interested in $$$$$

9. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Basically doctors saying WE NEED MORE MONEY! Screenshot_20171121-064544.jpg

TallJoe Thanks this.
  10. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    now more pills can be prescribed!!! hooray!! and the medical money machine once again goes KaChing!!

11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Just before President and former General Dwight D Eisenhower left office in 1959 he made a very important speech warning of the "Military-Industrial Complex", an unholy alliance of individuals and companies that would benefit from scaring the hell out the general population and causing ever more unnecessary defense spending.
    Fast Forward to the current "Medical-Industrial-Government" complex. Scare the hell out of people with non stop ads on the television telling them they are sick "check with your doctor to see if this pill is right for you". And then send armies of lobbyists from the medical, insurance and pharmaceutical industries to make sure health care policy(spending) is in their favor.
    Don't get me started....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.