Half way through transport school and it sucks! The reality of my trucking school experience.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JJRigger, May 31, 2017.

1. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    On a side note maybe if MOT is actually testing people now . The Ontario roads will improve ... Sorry to hear about your situation op

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Garththomas

Garththomas Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Wow, realy sorry to hear that as well. For that much money a license should be guarateed.
    I was concerned about the amount of training I was getting and one of the driving instructors would rather talk about it than let you drive, luckily the other let us practice what we wanted as much as we wanted with the time alotted. I studied and practiced at home for the test with step by step sheets they gave us and I think when I passed my road test they were surprised lol.

4. EDDYGIL

EDDYGIL Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2018
  5. Ind0792

Ind0792 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2018
    I know this is old, but I was reading the thread just today and had to comment on this. Why are you blaming the victim here? Drunk instructors and lack of proper training aren't what you should expect from a school that's draining you of cash. If it were a case of someone taking $20 from you, spending an hour with you, and saying, "Okay, that's how to drive this thing, so go to it." you might have a point.
    I'd say, for the over $8,000 the guy spent, he shouldn't just have his hand held. He should have a few other things held as well.

6. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Reading this makes me so happy to be old. Back in the 80s it was so simple to get a class 1 and air endorsement, and I really just taught myself after I had my license. Sure I made mistakes, but not huge ones, I couldn't do it over again with how it is now.

7. JJRigger

JJRigger Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Yah so I'll update this again. What this school does is take ppl who have never driven trailers and just say they can teach them. If your interested in driving a tractor trailer but want a good education. Dont trust this school.

Drunk Trainers, Constant lies about the amount of training. Some posters believe anyone with no experience driving trailers can drive a tractor trailer and its not the case. Its a money making scheme thats best suited for the guys who have been around trucks all their lives. This school lies.

8. JJRigger

Mar 6, 2017
    Bottom line I never ended up driving tractor trailers. Still driving uhauls and DZ weighted trucks.

speedyk Thanks this.
  9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    When an institution gets larger that quality often gets watered down, the people who are hired to instruct may not have the same level of motivation, or any beyond a paycheck. Every school I considered was small.

I went to a tiny school, two trucks, founded by a former oilfield driver who had hauled OSOW on mountain lease roads. The instructor had worked LTL P&D on severe mountain grades in all conditions.

The day before my test we took a notorious winding steep "cutoff", just to see where I was at and to take a drive, because that's what I'd actually be doing and they wanted to see how I actually did.

So the instruction was directly about experience (doing it) and directly from experience (done it).

And I paid a lot less than SAGE (large training chain) as well, because I wasn't supporting all those corporate layers.

10. JJRigger

Mar 6, 2017
    not really so... universities and colleges are huge and they do fine. its literally these scam schools that operate under the radar that call themselves schools. doesnt matter their size. its largely freemasonry and crime like behaviour you run into in these schools so thats probly why....... the trainers are all criminals or freemasons

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.