Halliburton Cement Op Inquiry

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Desert_3agle, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Frachand

Frachand Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Rigging up a cement job is as easy as it gets. 2" iron 4 or 6 pound hammer(40# hammer is laughable) All I can say is, don't go anywhere near frac..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. audioace

audioace Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Man, I still want to work there. Lol. Need that Moolah here.

4. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Thanks for the update.
    I hope you stick it out, seems like the oilfield is pretty slow this quarter but things could change any time.
    Oh and trucking school only teaches you just enough to pass the test.
    Its your trainer that teaches you how to be a driver. If you go into any other sector of truck driving you will still need at least a month on the road with a trainer in my opinion.

5. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    A few things.
    • Halliburton shipped my ### all over the world if you're just looking for a payday you should move on now, no point in suffering
    • If you can get over your winer attitude Halliburton is a great place to work, its just not for everyone
    • Almost everyday I worked there I wanted to cry, then one day I woke up on my days off and I had 30 days to do anything I wanted anywhere in the world, and Halliburton paid for my flight
    • Travel time always comes out of your days off
    • I used to work 35/35 would fly half way around the world land at 11pm make it through immigration at 2am make to my room by 3am and I still had to be at the 7am safety meeting
    • 3-4 of my off days were spent traveling, 7 hours is nothing
    • Supervisors only care that you don't die on their job, if you need a friend get a dog
    • If there are a 1000 ways to get fired as a hand there's a 100000 to get fired as a supervisor
    • If you think life if hard now, wait until someone thinks you know something and expects you to be responsible for something
    • Cement iron isn't that heavy, check out a 4" double wing that frac guys are dealing with
    • Don't lose sight of tomorrow's opportunity worrying about today's pay

6. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Listen to to him^ knows what he's talking about

7. brank

brank Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Earth
    Working 130 hours per week works out to 18.57 hours per day. That is no way that I want to live. You can have it Mr. Hector Gonzales. I suspect some part(s) of your life is/ are badly out of balance.

8. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    A supposition based on a presumption. Good job on the basic math though.

9. hector.gonzalez

hector.gonzalez Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I get paid any time I'm driving the truck, pumping the job, waiting at the pad site or sleeping. Some days we go straight to work, other days like one of my last jobs we waited 30 hours on location before we even started rigging up. I got paid every minute I was there. I also get $25 per diem.

The only times I don't get paid are when I'm at the mancamp waiting to get called out or on my 24 hr reset.

not4hire Thanks this.
  10. scot

scot Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2014
    To OP: LOL....not AT you but if you took advice from the 2014-15 post, you would have found out that it's the pits and extremely physical work living in #### hole mancamps and just shows its not all easy money in the oilfields.

Going from business analyst to cement crew, what did you expect (Sincere question)? Going from office job to oilfield is going to be a drastic change, especially physically. Lucky you ended up in cement, 2" irons are duct soup compared to 3" and 4" irons in frac. You also have very little iron in cement side. You'll have at least ten time more iron AND much heavier at that in frac .

I would say, Halliburton is one of the lower paying companies and the bad part of being in a cement crew is that you have to be on call and never can get proper rest to drive safely. It's not just Halliburton that runs the way it does, It's the entire oilfield.

not4hire Thanks this.
  11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Plus, a daylight cement job is a rare animal. o_O

Paddlewagon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.