Halvor Lines, Superior, WI: No longer worth it

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by snowbegone, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Wagoneer88

Wagoneer88 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    MN
    Wow Thats really sad. They use to be a really good company. I use to know alot of people that worked for them when i lived in the area. Never had one thing bad to say to them. I almost ended up working for them but i didn't have the work history they wanted. Thats really sad. That area use to be known for good compaines. Now two of them are gone. And it sounds like this one is going too

Need4Speed and fighting sioux Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Yes they along with many others used to be good companies. All the old timers say Swift was an elite outfit too, back when they had 175 trucks.

When I worked for Monson out of Duluth, everyone used to ache, moan, groan and complain about how bad Monson was. Everyone who got a year or two of experience in would run to companies like Halvor Lines, Fil-Mor (Cannon Falls, MN) or Ashley Furniture. I can't speak for the other two, but I can tell you that when I left Halvor Lines things were far, far worse than they ever were at Monson. A few little birdies have told me things at the other two are really no better.

The medium-sized companies used to be where it was at if you wanted a mix of good benefits along with being treated decent. Now they are nothing more than JB HUNT or Werner in a smaller size. It had now become a world of idiotic speed governers, idle restrictions, log book restrictions and moronic laws designed by Swift Werner and the like to illegally, underhandedly weed out the competition.

Western flyer and fighting sioux Thank this.
  4. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    You also gotta love the fact that when you Google search Halvor Lines, this thread is the 4th link that pops up in results!

5. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America

This just tells me all i need to know about Halvor. I know they used to be a good outfit, but so did a lot of companies. When you go into the driveway and see more trucks then cars sitting there, you know something just aint right. I give Halvor maybe another 6 months to a year before they are no more. Good luck to all the Halvor drivers.

:biggrin_2556:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
    fighting sioux Thanks this.
  6. Fowl Hauler 72

Fowl Hauler 72 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Winchester,Tennessee
    My best friend worked for them for 4 years had a great run between Motley,MN. and Tampa,Fl. and back to Superior,Then Shelley took over with her big tits and ran the compNY INTO THE GROUND

7. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    I think your comment about her is a bit uncalled for. And I'm glad his load got taken away from him. Drivers like him that thought they were entitled to the gravy every week made life miserable for the rest of us. Forced dispatch would take care of a lot of the problems here, starting with drivers like your friend.

Hopefully your best friend learned to start pulling his weight or went to another company. Your "best friend' didn't happen to quit and come back about 7 times, did he?

8. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    And let me add that picky, whiny drivers like him made life hell for dispatch too. There were guys there that used to turn down any load that went east of Ohio.

9. Ray Pearson

Ray Pearson Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2010
    superior,wi
    I have been trucking for 33 years. I have beeen with Halvor for 21. I have worked for 3 other trucking companies. This is the BEST place yet. They still employ over 400 people and have there doors open. I can still cash my checks. I don't agree with everything they do here but I don't own this company and they didn't ask my opinion anyway. I'm glad you moved on, now stop whinning

10. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    First of all a little spelling and proper grammar goes a long way here if you want to be taken seriously. I highly doubt that you're who you claim to be in that alias anyway.

The purpose of this thread is to call out the bad trucking outfits that think they can walk all over people, and expect their most valuable employees, the driver, to just sit and take it like its normal.

If this company is the BEST in your opinion, there is another thread on here for good trucking companies. If you honestly think they are so great then start a thread there and tell us why you think so.

Wow? So they're NOT writing bad checks? Imagine that. Neither is Wal-Mart or Mc Donald's from what I've heard.

Also the last few posts of mine addressed a comment that I thought was sexist and uncalled for. I would never call someone out by name and as a matter of fact that post ought to be erased.

I hope for your sake and Ray's that you are not some clown posing as his name.

If this company was SO GREAT you wouldn't have current and former drivers coming on here to complain like everyone does about the rest of the bottom feeder outfits.

Stalking people who speak the truth about your outfit? Really classy. So tell me this, has your company stooped to that level too now? Just like the other dirtbag outfits on here? Has it come down to Intimidation and threats?

If you're who you claim to be (which again I highly doubt), perhaps your superiors should spend a little time addressing the problems brought up on the posts here instead of trying to shut people up and shove it all under the carpet. If you don't want to be treated like a dirtbag outfit, and called out like a dirtbag outfit, stop treating your drivers like dirtbags. It isn't that hard.

This company used to be great place to work, I was honestly really happy here for a while. And in a very short time it really went down hill. True that the economy is partly responsible. But I have worked for more than one trucking company myself and from my point of view Halvor Lines was definitely NOT the best. Very, Very disorganized. Not the worst but not the best.

Enjoy your job and your life in the tundra.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  11. Ray Pearson

Ray Pearson Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2010
    superior,wi
    I really am sorry you didn't get your way at this company! I'm not stalking you, I'm trying to let folks know another side of this company. You talk about the intended use of this forum, but you yourself are a critic of my spelling and grammar. you are the one pointing out individuals and using their names on this web-site yet you won't use your own. You have my number. Man-up and use it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.