Hammer has improved significantly

Discussion in 'HAMMER: Truck Optimized GPS App | Support Forum' started by Blue Zombie Trucker, Dec 5, 2020.

1. HaglerFan

HaglerFan Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Will HAMMER come out with an individual device or will it be app dependent, only?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Hey, sorry you never got a reply to this question. We want to be 100% free forever, which wouldn’t be possible if we were selling a GPS device. I know some GPS providers are selling tablet-like devices, 10” screens for $700 that only runs the GPS software. That seems like a bad deal, we’d rather let users buy their own tablet for 1/3rd of the price that they can use for anything, including the Hammer app.

But I think running Hammer on whatever phone or tablet you already own and use everyday is still the most convenient option, and that’s what most Hammer users have been doing.

Dieselboss, black_dog106 and HaglerFan Thank this.
  4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Not worth a new thread, but I recently had the app try to route me on a known No Trucks street and then when I changed the destination so it would stop tellinh me to take the wrong street, it suggested the route I use I needed to make a u-turn for no apparent reason.

5. Adele Allison

Adele Allison Bobtail Member HAMMER Support

Oct 7, 2020
    Hey @HillbillyDeluxeTruck thank you for reaching out and letting us know of this situation. Do mind sending us an email to support@hammerapp.com with your route and truck presets (you can take a screenshot of the preset if easier) so we have our mapping community look in to this?

black_dog106 Thanks this.
  6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Last year I ended up with a blue billion cases of maple yogurt. Nasty. My.dogs wouldn't eat it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted