Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Vampire, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families. May your Turkey’s be juicy and your Lasagna taste amazing. May your jarred sauce fall out the window and break and may you make sauce the right way from scratch.

All the best to you guys and gals and my brothers and sisters that are serving our beautiful country and cannot be home with Family this Thanksgiving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah, we home being lazy. So glad not to be traveling on airplanes ! Right ? Spent many turkey days in truckstops.

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Happy thanksgiving everyone !!!!!

Right now I’m thankful for being in a wonderful industry that takes very good care of me. I work for the best trucking company in the whole world. Keep up the great work everyone.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I tried the frozen Lasagna and it sucked. My wife informed me that it's supposed to be heated in the oven before eating it.

6. Vampire

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    One of my best Thanksgiving memories away from home was the adopt a sailor program they had in A school. Spent Thanksgiving at this awesome family’s home. They let me use their phone to call home and we had an amazing meal and plenty of laughs. I’ll never forget them and their hospitality.

7. Vampire

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    :biggrin_2559:

I bet she hit you over the head with it before putting it in the oven.

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My wife makes a mean lasagna. Pepperoni amd sausage in it. Lots of cheese. I can only hope the kids didn't kill it because I ain't getting home til tomorrow. Lol. Nonetheless, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I love Jimmy Dean hot sausage. Bet that would be good in lasagna.

Rideandrepair, Oxbow and bryan21384 Thank this.
  10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Sometimes Thanksgiving has a way of creating special memories. I remember in 2019 I stopped at the Pilot in Bloomington, IL. The Wendy's just so happened to be open. The lady in front of me was so choked up. She was traveling with her husband but it was the first Thanksgiving in which all of her family wasn't together. Her son was stationed in Europe somewhere, I want to say Italy. I'm not for sure though. Her daughter was out on the west coast. This lady was so emotional that she couldn't order her food. I told her initially that I didn't know what was wrong, but I could offer her a hug. She hugged me like she could've choked me silly. I'd like to think it made her feel better. It's so weird because I got back in the truck and opened my spicy chicken sandwich up, and the filet looked like this. I know it was a coincidence, but i couldn’t help but smile. I almost didnt eat it lol. Now every time Thanksgiving rolls around, I think of that lady. Sometimes as drivers we have those career/life defining moments that remind you of the good about this industry. So i held on to this pic, just as a reminder to keep things in perspective when the chips are down. This is my personal Thanksgiving synbol. 20191128_134338.jpg

11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I like that Jimmy Dean hot sausage too. I try to convince her to go spicy, but she is unwilling. That Tennessee Pride brand is pretty good too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.