Hard time resigning, won't listen or get me home.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jearbear89, Aug 16, 2018.

1. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Fuel up and return their truck back where you got it. They may shut off your card.but screw the load and return the truck and clean it out.

James122 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Refuse any load that is not getting you closer to home, and tell them cause you are resigning and need to get home, and that if you don't get a load coming home you will bring the truck back empty, clean and in working order ready to be assigned to another driver.

4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    First mistake, never give a company notice while out on road.

Get truck through a company terminal on route to home time. Then give them the notice while on home time.

Get pictures of truck, have terminal manager sign off stating you returned truck, and all company issued equipment in a satisfactory condition.

5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Make sure you get a full inspection report signed by a supervisor or higher up taking lots of pictures to cover your rear.

RERM and BillStep Thank this.
  6. jearbear89

jearbear89 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2017
    I just don't want to have a bad rap on resume. I got 2 interviews Monday. I just don't want them to leave anything bad on my DAC. I'm gonna just drive this thing to their yard in PA. Get an Enterprise car and go back to NH. They have put me in trucks that always breakdown Everytime I go out for my 2 weeks and sick of it

BillStep Thanks this.
  7. James122

James122 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Understandable, but I would worry less about my DAC and more about the interviews. I have a quit under dispatch on mine, yet I have a great job. Companies don't focus on the DAC that much unless is accident related or drug test failure.

If they mention it in the interview tell them your company refused to route you home.

You said you have interviews? I thought you already had the job. Don't quit without another job in place.

RERM and Coover Thank this.
  8. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Tell them you’re not going to quit anymore wait 2 weeks and then tell them you have an emergency family situation and you need to get home in the next day. Never reply to their calls afterwards.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I would give them two week notice. If im out in BFE somewhere when the two weeks is up then that's where the truck gets parked. I would warn them if the last load wouldn't make it because of their planning.

plankton Thanks this.
  10. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    That's a good plan. Take the truck and trailer to the nearest yard and turn in.
    Take photos of truck so they can't say you damaged it. Rental car home and enjoy your next job.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    You tell 'em, Johnny...

KillingTime Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.