Has anybody gone from 4 weeks out/1 week home to 4 weeks out/4 days home and gotten used to it?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BeHereNow97, Sep 6, 2021.

1. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Everyone's situation is different at different times in life. You may have to burn the oil from time to time. I was basically local for two years then hit the road where I'm at now. It will change again because this is temporary. You have to find what brings you contemptment & what is best for your life family included. All the best to the local & otr riders stay safe as we keep America moving.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.drivefordot.com has a flex schedule.
    ~
    Home Time
    Home time varies for Dot drivers depending on their schedule type. We have worked hard to create as many driving jobs and schedule options as possible to accommodate you.
    4 Days On, 4 Days Off Schedule
    Dot offers a variety of scheduling options outside of a “traditional” schedule. The four days on, four days off schedule is exactly what it sounds like—you get four days on the road and then four days at home. The best part about this schedule is that you will know which days you are working and which days you will be home for the entire year!
    ~
    Touching Freight
    When driving for Dot, you do not have to throw freight. We offer no-touch positions for drivers who don’t want to touch product.
    ~
    [​IMG]

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    I’m currently doing about a month out for a week off. I’d really like to find a company that would let me do 2-2.5mos out for 2 weeks off and let me keep the same trk; so that I can leave my #### in it.

2 weeks off would give me time to enjoy week long rentals of trackhoes, bulldozers, and backhoes while playing in the dirt on my farm.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    ~
    Trillium you can work when you want to.
    ~
    Trillium Staffing - Driver Staffing Solutions
    Trillium Staffing - Driver Staffing Solutions
    • Drivers
    • Driver Staffing Services
    • Advantages and Savings
    • Struggling to find the talent needed to best represent your organization? Look no further! We provide the nation's safest and most reliable drivers. Period. Trillium is the recognized leader among truck driver staffing agencies. We partner with private fleets, third-party logistics companies, for-hire carriers, and LTL carriers throughout the country to locate safe and professional CDL and non-CDL drivers. Contactthe driver staffing experts at Trillium Drivers today and experience the difference of working with the best!
    • upload_2021-9-6_12-1-1.jpeg . upload_2021-9-6_12-1-27.jpeg

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  6. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Look into Danny Herman. 10 weeks out gets you 2 weeks off. Keep your truck.

Speed_Drums and Lostmykey Thank this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I would get burnt out quick only having day a week off. All i would do is just end up sleeping that day away.

That's what i did in the oilfield working out of town. But out of town i wanted to work as much as possible and not sit in the hotel. Usually 30 days out and 10-14 days home. Now I usually just do m-f and a weekend load here and there if they need it moved and pay above avg

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    How many resets, if any, are you taking when you stay out 10-12 weeks? Or do you just run on recaps the whole time?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  9. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    Bryan does your company let you take a 34 hour reset when you want one? Or do you just run on recaps the whole 2 months you're out?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  10. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    I'm assuming the 4 on 4 off is slip seating, right? It's got to be. I slip seated doing local P&D and as a result I could never slip seat in a sleeper birth, I won't do it. That is a unique schedule in the trucking world though.

11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I have the ability to manage my own clock. There are times when I choose to burn up my 70 in 7 days and take a 34. Other times I will run recaps for 3-4 weeks. A lot depends on appointment times and loads. Running recaps for weeks on end actually isn't so bad in my opinion. Usually means 13-15 hour breaks. Plenty of time to eat, shower, read a book. sleep, etc. I Rarely have loads under 1400 miles.... Lots if times 2000+. So I am not sitting at docks on a daily basis loading and unloading. Once you learn to manage your clock and trip plan these long runs, it becomes very easy not to always be in clock chasing mode. Most of the time, I start my day between 0000-0300. Usually parked by Noon-1400. Parking is never an issue with those hours. It works for me.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.