Has anyone been able to get hired on with Gemini Motor Transport?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Brown Moose, May 23, 2024.

1. Brown Moose

Brown Moose Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    Is it me or is it impossible to get hired on with Gemini? I put in 6 applications for different locations and even put in my application that I’m
    willing to relocate for the position. Not one phone call from the recruiters. I’ve called and texted multiple times to no avail.

I have all my endorsements,twic, clean record, and tanker experience. Guess it’s not meant to be?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Gemini is easily one of the most sought after, highly competitive fuel delivery carrier jobs in the fuel hauling sector....in the majority of cases.

You aren't really being "blown off"...just overshadowed by other drivers who have more fuel hauling experience -- along with the requisite safety records to match.

Also -- it's a tough CDL job market right now.

Carriers like that are being extra picky, anyway. :(

-- L

viper822004 Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    They will check your PSP for any inspections with violations. With any visitations showing your chance of getting hired is slim.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    You could have 20 years experience in everything except tankers and still not get a response.
    Gemini is one of the best gas hauling opportunities there is.
    If you want to get on with them, here’s how you do it.
    Get on with one of their competitors, and get into hauling gas. Get at least 3 years under your belt, get carded everywhere you can.
    Be smooth, no mistakes, squeaky clean record.
    Watch the markets, especially between January and March, which is the slow season. It’s also when most gas hauling companies start hiring for the spring start of the busy season.
    Then apply again.
    You need experience in gas hauling specifically.
    Loves can hire the best talent with the best experience because they pay well and drivers rarely leave.
    They take good care of their people and I’ve never heard a bad thing from any of their drivers at the rack.
    Make yourself attractive to them based on what they need and want in a driver and you’ll have a better chance at getting on with them.

6. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    Hopefully I'm not getting too far off topic but I find it somewhat bizarre that if you go job searching there are a super abundance of CDLA jobs out there and every recruiter I talk to is trying to pitch me hard to come to work for their company. That being said I rarely get any call backs after applying no matter who I apply to and I've got a clean, good record with more than enough experience to qualify at any of the places I applied to. Part of me thinks that some of these companies that are complaining about a driver shortage might be doing it to themselves.

wifi_guru Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The driver shortage topic depends on who you ask. If you ask small fleet owners and owner ops, they'll say there is no shortage. They operate of the spot market primarily so they have one world. If you ask the companies that are megas, or smaller companies that have mega capabilities, they will say there is a shortage due to the fact that they have a lot of customer freight. I think the latter group is the measuring stick they use to push the narrative. The 2nd group only makes up a small percentage of the entire industry. When it comes to these local jobs, they are fiercely competitive. It's going to be a lot harder to get those jobs, even in a good freight market. You'll never find a shortage of drivers wanting to run local or regional but you'll always find somewhere to work if OTR is what you desire

Blagoje Thanks this.
  8. Brown Moose

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    Exactly, never a shortage of drivers when it comes to local work. I'm even getting passed up on local class B jobs, such as dump truck work or a driving a garbage truck. This CDL market is getting ridiculous, I might have to hang up the keys for a while and change professions just so I can get off the road. Then come back once the market is in better standings.

Lonesome and Blagoje Thank this.
  9. Brown Moose

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
  10. Brown Moose

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama

Would it be worth it applying to other locations that Gemini has to offer with the intent of relocating or would it be a waste of time? Because there's just so much competition. I just dont want them to think I'm not serious since I'm applying to different locations.

lual Thanks this.
  11. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    Don't these recruiters get commissions foe everyone they bring on to the company? Recruiters are also like used car salesmen what they tell you compared to reality are two different things

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.