Has anyone bought multiple personal homes?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckRunner, Jan 11, 2018.

1. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    I'm aware of the annual taxes and other expenses. I am part of a real estate investment group so I am not a novice when it comes to the real estate aspect of it. The fourplex is a good idea thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Seattle
    That doesn't make any sense. If you think you could outlive your money how are you going to pay for the houses?

4. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    I said I am not wealthy to where I could stop working. My income will pay for the houses. I am still in my 30s.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    He sounds like a lunch counter expert to me.

6. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Real estate appreciates in value.
    Only down side is the property tax.
    I am wanting to buy some unimproved lots in the desert where I could park and camp out a few times a year.
    Less taxes on unimproved lots.

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Secondary homes can be great investments as everything is a tax write off..good Tennant's is the key though..older folks usually won't tear stuff up as the younger partying crowd would...:biggrin_2556:

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I've considered it since I run a somewhat regular lane to western Canada. I also have friends out there I thought could rent from me. In the end I decided it would not be worth the effort. If I had money to burn that might be different. Or if I wanted to move my primary location to there. I am now considering the idea of the next truck being more custom, with a longer wheelbase (sometimes makes it difficult to comply with all cdn laws) a smaller sleeper, and a system to mount a motorcycle between the truck and trailer. I think that would be a lot more useful and fun than a property I am responsible for and rarely sleep in let alone put my eyes on it. A bike would mean I can actually take some time off and see the beach or other places trucks are not allowed. I guess a rental car would work too. I am more thinking I'd like to see all the stuff I drive past so many times. Mount Rushmore for one. Yellowstone. Etc. I will figure a way to make it happen and at the same time keep customers happy. Someday.

TruckRunner and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Then what are you doing in a truck?

Invest more in real estate and make good easy money.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I thought carefully before posting. I'll say this. Some of you will toss rotten tomatoes at me, but here goes.

If you have a significant other in every port across the USA you will have a home wherever you go.

The other part of this is never telling dispatch you have friends or family in any particular place you are taking time off in. They will be sure to route you away to keep you productive.

Just passing by and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  11. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Ignorance and pessimism are running wild today.

"Don't buy something that will only appreciate in value over time. You need a big sleeper and some spinners. Look good going down the highway"

I have two homes. One's paid for, I never visit my mom lives there six months out of the year. My ranch will be paid off in the next three to five. Having houses is great, get as many as you can afford

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.