has anyone delt with otr leasing

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by dale wilkerson, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Bodie22891

Bodie22891 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2016
    I purchased a truck from OTR leasing. I basically got a tail light guarantee on the truck. On my first load the truck broke down I am currently in the process of trying to get approval to get the engine rebuild an $11,000 repair. Thankfully I did have their 50,000 mile warranty but they are giving me trouble trying to get the truck repaired. If I had it to do again I would not go through to your leasing to purchase my truck.

x1Heavy and jsnell Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bodie22891

Bodie22891 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2016
    I have heard other men speak highly of them. I have had a bad experience with them bus far. I picked up my truck on June 28 I've put about 2500 miles on it I now need the engine entirely rebuilt. The truck had a grocery list of problems from the fifth wheel needing rebuilt to the roof leaking to the power steering pump going out in the first three days of having the truck. Not to mention a shake in the driveline. Most of those things cannot be checked with a five-minute road test Bob tailing the tractor. I called them on it and they basically flipped me off and said you're on your own we don't want to hear about it again. The engine blew up on me at about 2500 miles it is taking $11,000 to rebuild it I am still hoping that insurance or the warranty will cover it I'm not sure if this is typical or I just send it up with a bad truck but that is the situation I am in

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. AkinNAUY

AkinNAUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Whats happening now? Im sorry to hear about all the troubles your dealing with i hape everything works out

6. OTRReeferRunner

OTRReeferRunner Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    FYI! A lot of problems could have been avoided if you guys would have spend the extra $1000 or so to get the truck fully checked out! That is why you should have a 3rd party repable diesel mechanic or dealership check the truck out from the front bumper to the rear mud flaps! The following things a the least should have been done before you took procession of the truck:

1. Oil samples (detects any internal problems with engine, transmission, and rearends)
    2. ECU download (detects fault codes, idle hours, actual miles on the truck, and etc.,)
    3. Blowby Test (piston & rings, compression test and etc.,)
    4. Dyno test ( a full report on the complete health of the engine)
    5. Obtain maintenance reports.

If you don't do the following things you are sure have serious problems with truck! Buying CMV is not like buying a regular passenger vehicle, just walk around it, kick the tires, drive it round the block and sign the paperwork! You are setting youself up for guarantee failure with this approach!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  7. sweetlady

sweetlady Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016

8. sweetlady

sweetlady Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    That sucks im sorry u had to go through that with u just starting out the door with the truck.

9. Deeshot

Deeshot Bobtail Member

May 15, 2017
    Whatever happened? Did they fix the engine and do you still have the truck?

Matt1924 Thanks this.
  10. just g p

just g p Light Load Member

May 20, 2013
    San Antonio, Tx
    I got my current truck thru them a year ago.

11. truckin4fun

truckin4fun Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Shelbyville Tn
    Has anyone returned there truck and if so what happened

12. ralphbohm

ralphbohm Light Load Member

May 6, 2014
    Any updated comments on this leasing outfit??

13. Miky305

Miky305 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2019
    What is this ooida membership ive heard it twice but i have no clue what it is

Matt1924 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs